1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DeCastro not happy with some teammates

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    For disrespecting Jags, lack of focus. Good for you DD.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Shows Tomln's lack of control.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Hell Tomlin himself kept talking about NE!

• Like Like x 2
  4. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Just another example to add to the list...

5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It's absolutely mind boggling that Mitchell and others added fuel to the fire when they destroyed us earlier in the year. Even Ben contributed by saying he hopes to play them again. And then of course there's Tomlin who's looking forward to our SECOND meeting with the Pats. No discipline whatsoever. DeCastro is 100% correct. We have the talent to win it all, especially on offense, but we're not disciplined enough. Tomlin is NOT a disciplinarian as a coach and, unfortunately, this team needs more of a disciplinarian at the helm in order to make it over the top. I'm sorry, but I just don't think Tomlin is the coach that can get us to the next level. Doesn't matter what I think though. He's not going anywhere.

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Clearly talking about LevBell.

We have a lot of knuckleheads on this team... it makes it hard to really like this team as much as when we had players like Bettis, Farrior, Troy, Keisel, Hampton, etc.

That is why I wouldn't be sad to see Levon go...

Part of being a champion is having a champion attitude.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Good. I am glad David is calling out teammates. He is ascending into a leader and transcending into something that exceeds selflessness.

The likes of Mitchell, Burns, Dupree and "Bince" all deserve it. Let this be a lesson for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I like Tomlin, but I hate the lack of self control and discipline on this team. It has gotten progressively worse over the years.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    He should include Tomlin in that for overlooking opponents and talking about the Pats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Wrong. Calling them out, after a loss, to the media is not the way you show leadership.
    Those issues should be fixed inside the facilities, by them. Not by the media, much less by us knowing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah but Ben and the offense did their part, minus the costly fumble by Ben.

Mitchell and the D didnt back it up.

AB's FB live blunder last year and this years playoffs, Tomlin just can't keep this team in line. That fault and his struggles against weaker teams are a real hinderance.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    He probably figures most of those guys chirp to the media so they'd hear it sooner by going to them.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That idiot Bell tweeted on Saturday that he was looking forward to round 2 this week, and round 2 next week meaning the Patriots :facepalm:. Tomlin said they didn't overlook the Jags, because they had destroyed them earlier this season.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

To lead, one must showcase the ability to stand above others yet show them the way on what it takes to succeed.

How I see it, DeCastro calling out his teammates was leadership as it shows to me that there are certain players who lack spirit, focus and perseverance.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    So the players being called out, ARE the ones that are initializing the problems in the media and not keeping things in-house. This is why I think it is appropriate. Because if a David DeCastro is speaking up (because I believe he is rather quiet) maybe there will be some action taken.

16. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Remember, last year it was Ben who was saying stuff after a painfull loss, and that he would later regret.

Age, experience and maturity shows you that being silent, many times, is much more valuable than speaking out.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

This is true my fellow writing friend. :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  18. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Maybe a few guys on the Steelers should have practiced that this week. DeCastro didn't call anyone by names either.

19. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Agree, absolutely.
    I didn't mean that DeCastro is the bad guy. He's clearly mad at M Mitchel and Bell (among others).
    One of my biggest questions is if he's calling out our staff too...

20. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    And this right here is the point. I remember a few weeks ago, Gronk was being interviewed and he was being asked about something and he was all "I don't want to get yelled at" something like that and you knew he was focused on making sure nothing gets out and to focus on winning. Gronk does his thing off season but during the season, he is on the ball.

However, the guys who talked showed up. The lower talented guys didn't. They need to be gone this off season.

21. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Oh man I forgot about Tomlin's interview with Dungy.

This team has so much egg on their face right now, so humiliating.

Cowher and Dan Rooney were a united front against this type of stuff from players:

You spouted your mouth you were gone, you got caught with PED's you were gone, you freelanced on the field you were benched.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Meh, the only reason you’re hearing about this is because of the expectations of this team from everyone. Jags weren’t expected to be here and as such, didn’t get all the questions about “x” team and redemption.

Things will change and if you care, watch what happens with them next year. Because now, whether they like it or not, they’re not going to be the upstarts with a 10-6 record that’s an underdog.

That’s what happens when you achieve a certain success level. They’re playing with house money right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    If Belinchet were running this team, Haley and Butler would be fired immediately and Bell would be traded away.

24. Rawsteel73

Rawsteel73 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    bell backed his talk all the way up

25. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Can’t blame him, he’s stuck on a team with a few idiots. There are too many “me first” players and not enough team players. Some of them need to go.