1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dear Steelers Management

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by S.T.D, Jan 22, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Please when finding a new Qb Please think of this.
    Joe Burrow: considered by a lot to be slow, and weakest arm in the draft.
    Nobody for some reason thought about His processing of the Game.

Lamar Jackson: Considered a athletic giant. Huge Arm, and all the speed in the world.
    Again....Nobody thought about His processing of the game.
    Just against us....
    Joe Burrow in 3 games :
    2 Wins...97.4 rating , 5 tds ,and 2 ints.
    Lamar in the only 3 games He's played against Us.....
    1 Win(against Duck,and Mason) a 67.4 rating, 4td, 6ints,6 fumbles, and 16 sacks
    I bring this up because they are both in our division, and Faker Mayfield isn't worthy of mentioning. LoL.

Please Steelers Management Please think on what I have shown when selecting Our next Qb.
    Thanks ,and Have a Nice Day.
    Sincerely S.T.D

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    We can only hope Steelers management gets STD. We should all get STD. I co-sign taking a QB that goes through progressions.

* In addendum please don't take a QB that throws the ball away all the damn time.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    There's a reason one was taken first overall and the other languished til the end of the first round.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    <snip>

Mod Edit: Stop it. Take that stuff elsewhere.

5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Dear S.T.D. Save your breath. Steelers management does not come to this website for advice or any other reason for that matter. Please send your opinions and advice via U.S. mail to:

100 Art Rooney Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    It is the 'it' factor. No disputing Burrows talent, give the talent around him and you see how really good he is. Givevtge kid protection and he will take you to the next level. Brady is not the most talented QB of all time, but still the GOAT by success alone. Montana was not the most talented of his generation, but certainly the greatest success of that period. Burrow playing for who he does may not have that success, but he is that type of guy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Nobody thought about Joe Burrow's processing?! That is quite untrue on multiple levels. If anything, one of Burrow's greatest traits was his processing pre and post snap. His ability to quickly analyze the defense not just before but during a game were not just above his college contemporaries but also even some NFL Starters. Realistically speaking, his overall processing is some of the best I have ever seen. My biggest issue about Joe was never about that nor his accuracy.. at all. My biggest issue stemmed from him being a one year wonder and nothing more. Suffice it to say..... he has proven quite a bit of people incorrect; myself included.

Now, regarding this thread @S.T.D. which position do you desire most heading into the draft.

• Like Like x 2
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Defense. Period. :thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Dear S.T.D

Steelers management doesn't care about S.T.D.

Sincerely

Penicillin

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly My point

11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Which position?!

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Really. Not sure yet. I need 2 know more about Tuitt, and Alualu. Really worried about them. One has missed 20 games in 2 years, and the other I have no clue with.
    CB should be looked at. Strong Safety, and Inside backer. So Really whomever is best available for the D. I haven't made My Wish list board yet. I don't make them until all the East/West, and Senior bowl . Then My update after the combine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Fair enough!! :hi:

I shall look forward to it soon thereafter!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't follow a lot of college ball so was LSU running a pro style offense or spread offense with lots of RPO and running the option. I hear alot that the spread offense is the current fad in the college game.

• Like Like x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    They were running the Saints offense. That the Saints had been running with Brees.

16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Bengals are going to the championship game. I wonder if Ol Popcorn is feeling a little heat? Or maybe he knows Art II will do absolutely nothing and is laughing like he was doing in his last presser?

Long time gone without any real playoff success. Its going to be the same if their are not any changes. Real changes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    OK, am I missing the Sarcasm Tag here?

#1 Overall pick in the Draft.
    #1 pick on most people's Draft board. Did anyone have him not being the 1st QB taken?
    Burrow was a slam dunk for the #1 pick in the draft just like Peyton was when he came out.

Who is this Nobody that saw his success coming? Or am I just missing the Sarcasm Sign?
    upload_2022-1-22_23-5-22.png

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I suggest you get comfortable because change and this franchise are like oil and water.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    In life i'm pretty comfortable. Not with The way this franchise is. The former was the way it is, now.

The latter is what I would like to see.

It will take a few more years of failure I suppose. I don't feel that Tomlin has a lifetime contract.

Butlers "retirement" will signal what's going on behind the scenes. If they promote Teryl Auston I feel it will just be a puppet move, If they look to the outside that would signal some change. We shall see.

Tomlin needs to be the head coach only and have his hands in all phases and be the PR man.

• Like Like x 2
  20. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Oh how I understand this.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I don’t disagree, but I also don’t understand your comment on nobody thinking about Burrow’s processing. That was discussed constantly by the talking heads who were doing pre draft film evaluations. They would show an All 22 view and show Burrow quickly identifying the open guy and delivering. I guess the fact that seemingly everyone was open on every play may have diminished that a bit. I’m not sure if any college QB has ever had top 2 WRs the caliber of Chase and Jefferson at the same time. Even Alabama QBs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

i wouldn't say nobody thought about burrows processing. i told everyone on here to watch for burrow when he was a freshman at ohio state. the kid had it in HS. urban over hyped myers ruined a few years of this kid, only to have him go elsewhere and become one of the best. he will make cinci very good. make no mistake. urban didn't last a year in the pros. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I hope You understand when I say "Nobody thought about Burrows processing " ....I mean a lot of people overlooked it for other things that are really just icing on the cake. I know some of Us look at that.:thumbs_up:
    Though a lot was said about Him being the least athletic, and weakest arm of the bunch coming out.

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Again My friend I was just making a point. I know some did look at His processing. I know I did ,and I'm just an armchair scout. LoL. There was just as many , or more that talked about His athletic abilities, and some even said His arm was one of the weakest of the Qbs.
    What I'm trying 2 get at is Processing it 1st thing I believe should be looked at. Not the last. :thumbs_up:

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not only on this board, (please don't make me dig those up), but all over the media,and sites it was said not enough speed, and weakest arm strength of the Qbs coming out.
    Baker Mayfield , many other Qbs where taken number 1 in the draft....so where He was taken means really nothing 2 the point I'm making. If You understand where I'm coming from.:thumbs_up: