1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dear draft gods

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by ivanarevalo07, Apr 27, 2013.

1. ivanarevalo07

ivanarevalo07 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I really hope Barrett Jones is on the Steelers' radar here in the fourth. The guy is an absolute steal at this point in the draft. I know his Lisfranc injury is cause for concern on an o-line that seemingly is always riddled with injuries, but for that reason I think he'd be the perfect fit for us. Our o-line survived last year because we had such versatility. Pouncey played some guard along with center, Gilbert and Adams played both tackle spots, Beachum who really came in and did some good work at the end of the year at right tackle figures to be better fitted at guard, Foster played on the right side until DeCastro came back. Enter Jones, whose name really should be Mr. Versatility because he can play all five spots. With Legursky not being resigned, we don't have the interior swing man we're accustomed to. He's a risk because of the injury but we wouldn't need him to come contribute right away. He'd have time to ride the pine and get better. Best case scenario he can unseat Foster for the starting right guard position. Worst case we have a swing back up for all positions in the fourth. Not a bad deal if you ask me. Here's hoping he makes it to our pick in the 4th....one can only dream.