1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawuane Smoot....

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by NY STEELERFAN, Jan 25, 2017.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I see he has climbed the Mock charts and Walter has us taking him in their latest mock. Now I know many don't like Walterfootball but the reason I am posting this is last night I was just watching the Senior Bowl practice and they were doing rush vs oline drills and Smoot caught my eye. He is super fast off the edge however he is very under sized. Anyone got to watch this kid, I did a little reading and found out he had some real good coaching from Lovie Smith and Hardy Nickerson last year. If anyone watches the Senior Bowl keep an eye on him and post what ya saw. Thoughts?

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i like smoot. fields, english, ebukam, smoot are my targets for us right now. we wouldn't have to get them that early either. i think these guys would be decent compliments to dupree. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    This is the 1st mock I saw that even had Smoot in the 1st round, so much will change with the Senior Bowl now and the combine coming up. Gonna be real hard to get a feel for where guys are gonna go, for each guy making it into the 1st round there is a guy falling out. :thumbs_up:

4. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    I like Smoot, and Takkarist McKinley too

5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I have watched 2(Stanford & Arizona St) games on McKinley and wasn't impressed. In them 2 games the only time I saw any pressure to the QB was when he came unblocked. When he locks up with the OT he don't get no penetration. I know there are a few guys here that like him, I need to watch more game s on him.

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Should Takk be gone by then... I would not have an issue with it.

7. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    This guy is a reach for me at the end of the 1st right now. I may change my mind later as I delve further in but he seems to be slotted in the 35-45 range.

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Wasn't there a Frank Smoot in the NFL?

9. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    There was a Fred Smoot, he was a CB

10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I thought the same thing that is what made me post this to see others thoughts. I have seen this guy anywhere from 2nd to 3rd round and to see him mocked in the 1st made me look more. Then when I saw him durning practice he looked fast but small. I think it is real funny how guys will go up and down between now and the draft in the mock drafts I read.

11. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Heck, I'm sure I'll change my mind on prospects several times too :lolol:. I have started looking less at the mocks and more at the top 50 or top 100 lists. My mocks are usually better than the ones I read anyway. Except for Steelers mocks, then I'm always wrong :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I totally agree, I like talking about the first round but I really enjoy trying to find the 3-6 round gems. So much info out there on the top 50 players it is fun to look at the lesser knows and find what I feel imo are steals. Last year I like guys like Higbee, Matakavich and of course.......wait for it.......wait for it.........Holliman!!!!! :shrug::shrug::shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Are big boards even complete yet? Yes we all have idea's who we would
    like to have on our favorite team. Our coaches/scouts better be doing their job finding these players
    and evaluating. Talent evaluation is the most important process in the NFL.
    Can a said product transition to the NFL and be successful? The million dollar question.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I don't see how they can be with the Senior Bowl today and the Combine still to come.

15. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I saw the highlights of this guy online.

Seems like a natural pass rusher. I like him.