1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

David Stern asks Jim Rome if he's still "beating his wife"

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by SteelByDesign, Jun 13, 2012.

1. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    http://www.vladtv.com/video/106523/...-audio/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Man I'm not a fan of Jim Rome, but this was totally uncalled for. For those not interested in listening to the audio... Rome basically said there's been talk about the draft lottery being fixed, was it? And Stern got really defensive and said "no and shame on you for asking." Rome said he was trying to ask respectfully but people are wondering, and Stern replied "Are you still beating your wife?"

Totally uncalled for and classless. Stern may not like the question, but it's Rome's job to ask, and he had to know it was coming.

We all complain about Roger Goddell but Stern is the worst commish in sports...

2. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    Re: David Stern asks Jim Rome if he's still "beating his wif

Also, for the record, I didn't know anything about Rome "beating his wife." and if it's true or not... If it is true it's horrible, but it still just looked really childish and petty on Stern's part. Grow up.

If he hadn't blocked a trade earlier in the season nobody would be talking about fixing the draft so it's his own damn fault.

3. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

I have no intention of doing research to find out if Rome really beat his wife, but he's one of the biggest d-bags out there. There's pretty much nothing that could happen to him that would make me feel bad. All he wants to do is get his name and face out there by being an idiot (Warren Sapp!). He's probably thrilled about this. I haven't watched or listened to him in over 5 years.

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011

I don't like Jim Rome but that's really messed up to say that. However if he's so unafraid to ask tough questions to the top dogs in sports maybe he should have emperor goodell on and ask him why he hates the Steelers so bad. Wasn't it Jim Everett that Rome kept calling "Chris" until finally dude threw the table over and got on top of Rome and choked him or something? Yeah he's obnoxious generally but to call someone a wife beater is just lowering yourself to the level of obnoxious as well. And yes DAVID STERN is a MAJOR RETARD! There should be a short bus route established just for him and goodell.

5. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011

Huge I've never been a fan either... but that was childish and low on Stern's part. He's supposed to represent his company, and acts like that?

He was upset that Rome asked him about the draft lottery being fixed... Rome didn't ask in an accusing way, and even followed up with that he wanted to ask respectfully. It's Rome's job! He's in the media, and this is what people are talking about, so he asked. Personally after this it makes me think even more than it probably was fixed, because Stern got so worked up over it.

It made me laugh that Stern made a comment like he had more important people to call, and had to talk to Stephen A. Smith who is probably #2 on my list of most hated sports commentators (with Skip Bayless being number 1).

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011

Just for the record I went and looked and Rome has never been accused of beating his wife as far as I could tell. Rome said that Stern was just using that as an example of a stupid question that really has no "respectful" way of being asked. But at the very least I guess you would have to say after that comment by Stern that Jim Rome is DEFINITELY burning!

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011

I think Mark Madden is the lowest of all these guys. I've never heard him on the radio. I've just seen him on NFL network and it is obvious that he's a first rate moron.