1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

David Johnson Signs Tender

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Apr 12, 2012.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  2. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

It doesn't mean he won't get cut in preseason. But geez, $1.26 million for a guy who does more harm than good? Why, just because we don't have anyone else at the position? Why don't we bring back Kemo while we're at it? We're low on guards!

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    don't give em any idea's. :cool:

4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I sincerely hope we find someone better, either through FA or a lower draft pick. Unless DJ is showing the coaches something in practice (like Sweed apparently did), then I simply cannot understand why we keep him around. Then again, it took them a long time to get rid of Carey Davis.

What happened to Sean McHugh? While not exactly an upgrade, he at least seemed a slightly more "hybrid" hybrid TE and FB.

5. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    No way he is better in practice, and I haven't heard otherwise. The issue isn't that he's underperforming or not having a real chance to display what he can do, like Sweed. It's that they are satisfied with his play.

They dropped McHugh for Johnson. Johnson had way less experience lead blocking, but he's a bigger threat out of the backfield. And any idiot can learn how to lead block, right? It worked out.

6. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    "Johnson" and "threat out of the backfield" don't belong in the same sentence together. DJ's only threat is to get in the way of other people trying to do their job and to whiff blocks. We can do better than DJ for $1.26M.

7. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    I was giving the team's position. Check out some of my other posts. I hate Johnson. Or, more accurately, I hate what he's doing here and why he's here and what we expect him to do and what we're sacrificing to have him do nothing.

8. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    10-4 Snack. I kinda thought that. BTW, I had an ex-wife who hated Johnson too. Unless attached to other dudes.... :o

9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Good gawd! Unless he has an epiphany from a higher power, then he's a waste of a roster spot.

10. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I have but one question. Why?

11. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    First essex and now johnson. Is the ghost of BA making these crap personnel decisions?

12. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I want to cry over the news of DJ staying. I'm so sad. Can someone hold me and tell me everything is gonna be ok?

13. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    10-4 Snack. I kinda thought that. BTW, I had an ex-wife who hated Johnson too. Unless attached to other dudes.... :o[/quote:2xrd1q6g]
    :roflmao: :roflmao: That's the best thing you've ever said. :applaud: :applaud:

14. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Knox's ex-wife is on the way. And someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but we can still totally cut him anytime we feel like it. Which means he might well be competing for a job come preseason with Will Johnson or someone else. I mean, every single person in the preseason has to sign a contract with the team, and half of them get cut.

Could anyone tell me how much of that $1.26 million we would save if we cut him in the last round of cuts? I'm guessing most of it but I have no idea.

15. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :frustrated: More of DJ.....just freaking great! And I was recently blasting Johnsons play (or lack there of) in another forum this week. :facepalm:

16. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Great offseason moves this year.
    Force Hines into retirement and sign an oversized oaf who is too big, too slow and much too dumb to get out of his own way. I know Hines was a cap threat but geez keeping Johnson on this team is not going to enhance any possibility towards adding W's.

17. swann_88

swann_88 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I would say I don't really like Johnson for the role he has played in the past
    he made some plays he missed some plays
    for the most part it just didn't really look like he was doing much on a lot of the plays
    on the other hand with a new OC we could run a bunch of plays where he looks like he has something to do and is doing it
    so I'm not going to have much of an opinion on this until we see what our offence looks like this year
    but he better work on his blocking because I think pope will be getting his catches