1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

David DeCastro

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

If this kid from Stanford is available at 24, we must get him. He really reminds me of another athletic Poucey brothers. He can pull, pass block and run block. Tremendous motor power. I think with Poucey, DeCastro, Legursky, Colon, and Gilbert, we have a solid line. If he is not available, got to go with another position, CB or NT.

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    too bad he will be gone around 12-18

3. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Thank you Mr. Obvious, haha JK. Obviously I dont think theres a person here who wouldnt take him if he was there...but its HIGHLY doubtful he will be.

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Move up to take him.We need star quality OL NOW. Not 2 or three years
    from now. We need nasty strong OL that like to tear people heads off.

5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I say we go get him regardless of what it takes. It's not every year a guard of this caliber is available. In all likelihood, he'd be our starting guard for 10 years. We need another Faneca desperately.

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    no way, he'll drop now because of short arms. :roflmao: thought i'd throw this out there before someone else did. LOL :shrug: seriously, i think alot of these top o-linemen may be off the board before we pick, even glenn. there are still good guards left on the board though. tackles may be the problem getting, but the steelers seem to like the bigger guys that are not the typical LT's. maybe an osemele type guy. zietler? ben jones? sanders? datko? nix? netter? alot of ways to go yet. :hmmm: :cool:

7. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The Steelers used to like them, but things could be changing. We haven't had a good line in a long time, it's time for us to change up the way we draft lineman. It hasn't worked all that well other than Pouncey and maybe Gilbert.

8. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :this!:

I think there's a big difference between DeCastro and not only the other guards, but also the players at other positions we'd be looking at, at #24. We'll either get someone at a spot we don't need as much, or a considerably worse player, or both, and no matter what it will be a larger risk. As it is I would trade a third and possibly more to get him, and if we lose Wallace and gain anoter pick, then we absolutely must go get him.

Also... viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1733

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i'd say gilbert fits the mold of the bigger linemen exactly. the only smaller mobile guy has been pouncey. :cool:

10. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I agree with this...I just got to see highlights of some of the drills from the combine today....and the difference between DeCastro and Kalil to the rest...a decent drop esp at G and DeCastro, comparing him and even Glenn's footwork/etc...is almost like night and day.