1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Daniel Jeremiah mock draft

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Jan 20, 2024.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
  3. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Can't really complain about the idea of Jones and Mims as bookends of the OL.

My only other thought would be Wiggins/McKinstry. They still need a lot of help in the secondary, and this draft is deep on OT.

4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Then there’s the whole cb’s are the hardest to project while ol is the safest. In my opinion you really have to build the foundation first. Nothing else works if the lines are broken. I would probably go two ol and two DL with the first 4

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    The lines need attention, but are they broken? If they take Powers-Jackson or Van Pran to fill the center position, and then, say, a Blake Fisher in the third, you should have a pretty good offensive line in terms of personnel. Issues past that need to be addressed with the coaching, IMO.

Defensively, they need a replacement for Cam. Benton looked good this year, and I think Ogunjobi gets a harder time than he deserves. It's disappointing we haven't seen more from Loudermilk or Leal (and seems to run counter to your idea that CB is the hard position to project), but doesn't necessarily call for multiple picks to be used in the same draft, either.

6. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    I posted a couple studies last season that broke down draft pick success rates by position/ round etc. large sample size as well(25 years iirc). Outside of Benton and to some extent Adams we don’t have much in the way of youth on the d line. Loudermilk and Leal have shown basically nothing. Cam might have one more season in him. Ogunjobi is a decent player, but he’s not tuitt. There’s not much there. IMO they really need to address the d-line or it’s going to be rough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I don't disagree that the d-line is thin, or with the importance of the lines in general. I actually thought Colbert/Tomlin's over-focusing on skill positions over Ben's final five years or so was a significant contributor to the offensive struggles the past three seasons. But as they both are now, I don't think spending the first four rounds' of picks there is needed or particularly wise considering the current state of the secondary, ILB, and even WR.

I could see three of four though - OT, C, and DT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    That's a ton of draft capital spent on the lines. I'm just hoping if this happens they really do their homework on the guys they are going to draft. It would be great to see us strong across both lines

9. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    It would be awesome if we could come up with two udfa ol to be long term starters like Villanueva and Foster;however, that requires a fair amount of luck. Is it better to go the udfa route and hope or draft a couple more solid prospects?

10. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I would say draft them. But the Steelers have done pretty well in the past with UDFA. It is a risky move but then so is the draft. We should look at what's available in the free agent market. I guess it's going to depend on the input from the new OC as well. This should be an interesting draft

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=0c86...2MzU4MzhEMkZFMTJGQkJCQ0VDJkZPUk09VklSRQ&ntb=1

hall is and has been a steadily good player for the buckeyes. he is not going to wow anybody but he makes plays. good consistent player. i know they have met with him. he and benton in our two down linemen sets would be as solid as they come. :cool:

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011