1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cutler

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 58stillers, May 1, 2017.

1. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Then why did they say LJ is better than 80% of the backups in this league??? And his growth was stunted by a poor QB coach who did nothing to improve him in his first two years, and of course Ben doesnt tie up Fichtners time at all so all he had to do was coach up backups which he failed to do....

2. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Dobbs will take over in preseason.

3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Cutler sucks. Hell no.
    Landry Jones is better at this point.

4. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    How can anyone argue that Cutler wouldn't be a massive upgrade over Jones? I'm by no means a Cutler fan, but as a backup, I would take him in a heartbeat over Jones.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Because cutler sucks. He doesn't give a crap about football, is locker room cancer, is a turnover machine, and more than likely has no interest in helping mentor our young, recently drafted QB....

He literally has zero qualities you look for in a back up QB aside from having a lot of starting experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Update: Fox signs Cutler as a color commentator...... Update: I will turn to NFL Redzone any time the Steelers play on Fox. Who the hell wants to listen and watch Cutler on TV?

7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

He has had the talent over the course of his career but not the leadership nor motivational skills necessary to be a great quarterback.

Such intangibles are a pre-requisite for any quartetback who deems themselves "elite".

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Won't know until I listen to him, see how he does. :shrug:

Not that I was remotely worried about him being a BU here but rather have him in the booth than under center.

9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You're right Blast - look at John Smoltz over in the MLB announcing booth - couldn't stand him as a player (because he was always so dominant over the Buccos) but he is probably the best BB analyst to come along in quite a while - very fair and knowledgeable and easy to listen to.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Not me.