1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

CUBS 2016

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Frick32, Oct 12, 2016.

1. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't even like baseball but, I find myself rooting for the Cubs!

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    We need all the help we can get. LOL! Although to actually "root" for us you must first learn to suffer greatly. That will officially induct you in to Cubs fandom. LOL!

3. Frick32

Frick32 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Back from Cabo...and 3 days in bed from the "Mexican bacteria" (had to go to ER to get 2 bags of fluids, morphine, nausea stuff)

Is it just me but do they make out that every pitcher the Cubs have faced this post season is so good that the Cubs have no chance?

Game one - If they gave Lester ANY of the close calls Kluber(sp) got they would have never scored in the 1st. But Buck "When you consistently hit your spot you will get the call" Even though Lester was consistently hitting a inch off the plate. Even Frank Thomas during the 4th inning interview thing said Later was getting screwed.

Game two - "This pitcher from Cleveland has the best curve ball and the Cubs have never seen anything like it" and the Cubs pounded him...HAHA

Cleveland Bullpen...Andrew Miller is untouchable, but didn't the Cubs load the bases twice on him (I was really sick Tuesday night so was not on my best...that was the day I spent 6 hrs in the ER).

1-1 and going home for three...FLY THE FLAG 3 STRAIGHT GAMES!! GO CUBBIES!! (I've only been a fan since 1988 so I haven't suffered as long as most)

4. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yep. It's ridiculous how they just look for reasons of how we can lose. Joe Buck is the worst ever. Hopefully Hendricks can sling another gem. I reallllly don't wanna go back to Cleveland.

5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I lived through the 80s Steeler teams and was, at one time, a Charger fan. I've suffered.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Who does? :lolol:

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    LOL!!!

8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Just for fun - Bill Murray should break out as Nick the lounge singer during the 7th inning stretch tonight - maybe this one:

9. Frick32

Frick32 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    So...how is Buck going to spin how unhittable Josh Tomlin is tonight??

My younger sister (in Montana), house sits for a multi-millionaire that lives in Chicago. When I say house sit I mean mansion with huge ranch in Montana that they visit 2 or 3 weeks a year. Her 'care-taker' house is 4 bed 2500SF that they live in for free since they watch the mansion/ranch and cut lawn in summer.

Anyway she asked him if he could get tickets for me and he said that he would try...dumb me thought it might happen...still haven't heard a word!!

Guessing $3000/seat is too much to a multi-millionaire...HAHA

GO CUBS...3 more please, please, please!!

10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I went to driving school for work in July and i thought I would get to drive more than I have but due to some union drama I didn't get to much. Well that would have been a big enough pay increase for me to have afforded a ticket. But alas it was not meant to be. That was my plan going in but oh well... sigh.......Best of luck to you though!

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm watching the World Series right now and it's being played at Wrigley Field! I seriously just typed that! GO CUBBIES!!!

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    By the end of this game Joe Buck will finally come out of the closet and declare his man love for Josh Tomlin.

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Absolutely pathetic effort tonight. I mean so incredibly atrocious that words can not even describe. This team finds new ways to make their fans suffer. You have an infield full of all stars, 2 perspective MVP's, and a Cy Young candidate and all you can manage is...wait for it... ZERO RUNS IN 3 OUT OF THE LAST 7 GAMES! People have been waiting 71 years for THAT at Wrigley? THAT'S all you can muster?! Guess how many times this year Cleveland has lost 3 straight? You want me to tell you? It's zero. You know how many times they are gonna lose 3 out of 4 this year? Yep. Zero. Oh well. Maybe I'll live 108 more years and we'll get 'em next time. Disgraceful. Cleveland looks like they want it. We don't. Period. I hope like crazy that Lackey absolutely screams in their faces tomorrow night. He is a really passionate player and he will tear somebody up for sucking. If they pull this pansy bullcrap tomorrow you can bet that they'll need a bodyguard to protect them from Lackey. That dude might not be the best pitcher but he won't tolerate stupidity from his team. Hopefully though Maddon will come up with some hipster cliche quote to make us all feel better. Reminds me of another coach I know...

• Like Like x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Some Cubs fans still optimistic, I said yesterday was a must win lol and we didn't. Still not over as we can win the next 2 and 1 in Cleveland. I think Cleveland will celebrate 2 titles lol

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thought they were going to at least tie it there in the 9th, I think Baez checked his swing, that 2nd strike essentially killed them, then chased a high fastball, you'll never hit it. I watched Mo for 20 years kill people with that pitch.

I'm not a fan of Lackeys, the only thing they have going for them is Kluber pitching on 3 days rest, dont know how much he has done that or what his record is, probably won't matter, think the Cubs will go down 3-1 after tonight.

Not having Schwarber is huge, big loss in that lineup.

Oh well, at least I have another BFT rant to look forward too.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Blast, it's ONLY 108 years for us

17. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Kluber actually has a losing record on short rest. However, he has never had to play our useless bats on short rest. He could pitch us a no hitter by just throwing balls because we will chase anything. Old Javy has reared his head again at the plate. Kris Bryant has never met a strike he doesn't like to swing at and apparently Fowler needs to get Sczur's bat as well. Schwarb machine to to pinch last night but he just can't field. My buddy texted me furious last night. We had made a deal that we weren't gonna text each other during the game anymore because we thought we might be jinxing things but so much for that theory. Maybe we should text our offense instead and tell them to wake the crap up.

18. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    They are staying away from fastballs so Cubs can't hit anything else lol

19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Or as Billy Chrystal so aptly put: "Hey - you're going to have a bad century every once in a while!"

I thought for sure the Cubs would have the advantage at home since Miller couldn't toss for his normal 3-4 mid-late innings without the DH. Don't follow the American League at all unless they are playing the Buccos but other than Rajah Davis (a former Pirate) - I don't recognize a single Indian player - like I've been locked in a time capsule for 25 years. Still looking for Rocky Colavito and Larry Doby. Weird. I thought the Cubs were stacked with pitchers - where did all this Indian talent come from?

20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Ladies and gentlemen I present to you your 2124 World Series Champions the Chicago Cubs! The curse is over! Finally!

21. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't really have a rooting interest being a Yankee fan I was on the fence ,but a part of me finds myself pulling for Cleveland because the Cubs cheaped out on the Andrew Miller trade. The Yanks wanted Schwarber,the Cubs said no.....howz that working out? Even though I'm not sure it would of made a difference since they aren't hitting...we are The Yankees we should be able to get whoever we want.:hehehe:

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Really? You're mad at the Cubs? I'm mad at Hal and Cashman. **** never would have happened if George was still alive and well. George had his faults to be sure, but he wanted to win above all else.

As for the Cubs, probably no cliche more true than "Pitching wins".

Still breathing, barley, but to win it now, they will have to beat Kluber to do it.

23. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think we got a good haul for Miller.....Schwarber would of been nice. Love Miller but I think we are a couple years away anyway ,so we got some good prospects and will just re sign miller when the rest if our young talent is ready...he's got 2 years on his contract.

24. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Cubs are winning 3 straight mark my words

25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    ...........or???