1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Credit where credit is due.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel the Win on Sunday, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    I'm tired of the false narratives and constant criticism of some of the players and coaches on here.

Ray Ray doesn't suck. Made some key game-winning plays today. Edmunds may not be Donnie Shell, but played a hell of a game today, and has improved.

And I'm not sure why Danny Smith should be fired, other than Harvin is an inconsistent punter (not his fault). 2nd best kicker in the league, several blocked kicks this season, and decent coverage/returns on ST for the most part.

And Tomlin. With the roster he had to work with this year, it's a miracle we made the post-season. Hard to polish a turd into a diamond.

Yes, the play calling sucks, we have started too slow in games, and can't stop the run or run the ball consistently. But when you have amongst the worst offensive and defensive lines in football (minus Heyward), it's hard to be a functional football team.

You can flame me if you want, but let's try to be rational with the criticism. Of course we all want to win the Super Bowl every year, but that's just not reality. Rant over. Crush KC!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. UKSheffieldSteeler

UKSheffieldSteeler Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
    You've gone into slightly more depth than me here but it's been a strange season. The offence on the whole has looked; poor, shaky and ineffective. The D, at one point, were operating at the worst they'd been since time began. The schedule was the toughest going into the season. Somehow we go 9-7-1. Quite astonishingly. A lot of credit is due. Now we have a shot to nothing against a Chiefs team that is expected to roll us over. We can go their and just give it our all and see if we come close.

• Like Like x 3
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

• Like Like x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I can agree with most of the OP, but Edmunds still sucks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Unwarranted criticism is to keep bashing the defense.

They don’t make the playoffs if not for that unit. The run defense is it’s Achilles heel but over all, the defense was the reason for many of their wins. Held nine teams to 20 points or less. Six of those to 16 points or less.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1