1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cowherd said it best

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Badboy212, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I don't always agree with Colin and his radio show on ESPN but he said it best today when he said the Steelers tend to make bad teams look good. His examples were the Jags, Colts to name a few. The whole time he spoke I just kept thinking Tebow will somehow look good against us? The last 3 weeks Tebows numbers have been awful, but does anyone get the feeling this weekend he will look like Montana out there?

2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Its more because Steelers offense doesn't score like the Pats and Saints. If they did, the defense would be able to "T" off on QB's and end the game early.

3. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    He is essentially a rookie QB, and how does Lebeau's Defenses do against rookie QBs?

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :shock: Tebow will never be confused with Joe Montana. If he is going to beat us it will be with his legs, not his arm.

5. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I hate that argument. He's not a rookie. He's in his second year and started 3 games last year.

He's a bad QB. I just hope we exploit it and not just take that for granted (like we seem to do against most bad QBs).

6. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    "Cowherd said it best"

yeah right he doesn't say anything best

7. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Compared to Skip Bayless, Cowherd is a genius. Then again, compared to Freddy Krueger, I'm a good looking guy. :)

8. Badboy212

Oct 25, 2011
    AMEN! Before last weeknd Tebow had 115 pass attempts. I believe he had 5 INITs, 4 fumbles and 12 sacks? Scares me though to watch the Bears highlights when he ran all over and made something happen against a good D.

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Tebow's offense is not that much difference to when Miami started running the wildcat a few seasons back. It catches Ds out because it's unexpected, a little bit different, and, however technically bad Tebow is, he does have a lot of heart and winning mentality.

But it never got Miami very far, and Denver got through to the play offs because their division is a joke.

10. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    We are limping in to this game as it is. If it is close at the end look out. I still see us pulling it out though. But no more injuries PLEASE! :herewego: :herewego:

11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    :beg:

12. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Saints vs Seahawks 2010 playoffs... does anything more need to be said? Any given sunday.

We are banged up and playing marginal football. We have performed poorly on the road. If our offense cannot get out to a 2-3 score lead in the first half, then the Tebow's will have a fighting chance. Our defense hasn't been as stellar against the run as in years past, and that's all the Tebow's can do, run.

As much as I hate the sound of Cowherd's voice and the words he speaks, he is not far off regarding this year's Steelers.

13. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I have to agree.We are not playing good football right now.I only hope
    the playoffs spark some passion and sense of urgency to our team? :herewego:

14. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    exactly we tend to make qb better than what they are but not rb

15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Don't let the Bear game scare you too much. Their defense tends to be a pretty vanilla scheme that doesn't change much. He was able to figure it out, and their guys simply outplayed the Bear defenders in their 1 v 1 matchups down the stretch. Our zone blitz will show him several different looks each series. There will be mistakes. We just have to capitalize and not drop the 3-5 easy interceptions that will be in our defenders' hands.

My concern is with our pass protection against their pass rushers. Winning this game because we take advantage of Tebow's errors won't mean a thing if Ben gets taken out and is unavailable or hobbled the next week.

16. 3carsteeler

3carsteeler

Dec 21, 2011
    I hope the playoffs do spark some passion in them. This is where I really miss Joey Porter's vocal leadership!

I think it is very important that the Steelers get out to an early lead. Commit no turnovers that may give Tebow a short field. We should be fine

17. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I listen to Cowherd everyday and he is the biggest Brady homer there is and I tend to just want to shut him off.....BUT, today he was spot on. We do let the mediocre teams hang around and that is the only reason I am worried about this game. :rocksign:

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Brady must be getting jealous though, Cowherd was swooning an awful lot over Romo this season :swoon:

19. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Kinda like the ratbirds made the titans looks good? And the jags? And the seahags? Really?

20. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    he said Romo will be in the HoF someday. i think not

21. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Cowturd is an idiot. But, he's right in this case. I sure hope we don't get Tebowed... I actually like the kid, but he needs to go down Sunday.

22. Badboy212

Oct 25, 2011
    UMmmm, bad argumnet b/c the Titans (i hate this franchise) ended at 9-7 barely missing the playoffs, and the Hags were one of the BEST NFL teams down the stretch. Those teams were not that bad at all. Point is the Steelers make really bad teams look a like winners, and they like history repeat this throughout the season!

23. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

You are right about that- he hasnt even mentioned him since they lost though....back to Brady :)

24. RJS1

RJS1 Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Hopefully not a battle of FG kickers because certainly don't have the advantage there.

25. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    We have been playing like that all season. Example, Chiefs, Jags 2nd half, Browns twice, 49ers, Colts, Texans, Ravens 1st game blowout/turnover game, and hopefully not the Broncos.

The offense is the answer. If they play like they played against the teams listed above, they will be in for a long game. If the offense comes out and puts it to them everytime they get the ball, like 28-0 in the first half, it will be a blowout. But, how many of you believe that considering how the Steelers have played on the road this year?

This is what makes me sick when people start talking about how good of a job or OC, BA has done.