1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Couple of Steelers on the new anthem rule...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dobbler-33, May 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    The NBA has a rule that says players must stand for the national anthem but nobody complains about that.

I’m an employee of a contractor on an AF base. If the anthem plays, you stop what you are doing and turn towards the nearest flag until it’s over. No exceptions. If you are driving you stop and wait until it’s over. Even if you are off work and heading home. And they will tell you, you do have a choice in the matter. You can work someplace else.

2. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This is why muslims have their own businesses .. so that, they don't have to deal with these immoral issues.
    You want them to stand and honor an anthem/flag ... that don't honor and protect them... from basic human injustices. The bible says ... if you don't stand firm in your faith .. then, you won't stand at all.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Landry Jones. He don't play and he gets paid.:cool:

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    All of them. But specifically, you made me think of Cliff Stoudt.

I can also name one who doesn’t get paid to stand for the national anthem: Kaepernick.

5. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I support the kneeling players 100% not only because it's the most respectful form of protest that anyone can think of but mostly because I support the cause they support. They aren't protesting their own current jobs or situation but, the injustice so many people who have the same reflection they do, neighbors, family, and friends.

I'm ashamed not one single white players knelt with them that I can remember last year. I am a white, middle-aged, (former) Christian, heterosexual, American-Italian born, male and I hold those people's social actions feet to the fire first before anyone else's. I know them best.

Nobody is waiting for and desiring this or any NFL season more than me and to watch my beloved Steelers bully any team standing in their way to a Championship. But, this is just a game and entertainment. If need be I can struggle to keep myself fulfilled (and less stressed) on Sundays. It's my belief that the players who feel for this cause should hold a strike so they aren't penalized for anything that affects the game. Let's see them field a team.

The flag represents more than Veterans. It represents every single person here and citizen living abroad. It wasn't created for Veterans, was it? This protest has ZERO to do against vets (who are not only white BTW) and shouldn't even be in the conversation. It's about our American values and how so many can stand by while fellow citizens are systematically treated very differently by law enforcement because they are perceived to have less life value, and more dangerous than others in our society. A learned behavior; to be un-learned.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The NFL has offered an unprecedented $100 million to do just that. The problem is the players can't agree on exactly what social injustice means and how this money should be disbursed. The fact is that to most of these players it's about continuing the legacy of Colin Kaepernick and his message which is "I hate cops and this country sucks!" I'm not going to put up with this crap for another season, I can tell you that! These grandstanders and showboaters won't be happy in the locker room, they want to be able to bring their "cause" into the living rooms and in front of the fans all across the country. I tolerated most of it last season, but I won't do it again this season. My time, money and energy will go somewhere else!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ial-justice-organizations-partnership-players

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    What player gets paid more for standing the best for the national anthem?

What player gets paid the least for being the worst stand for the national anthem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.