1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Could Troy have......

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 4EvrH8O'donnel, Nov 19, 2011.

1. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Picked off that Andy Dalton to AJ Green pass in the endzone? Should he have deflected it? What was up with the alligator arms?
    He had a great opportunity there to keep the Bengals off the board but instead opted to do nothing. All the replays I've seen he could have at least made a play on the ball. Was he woried about Pass Interference?
    That play really made the game closer than it had to be.
    Thoughts? :smashbungles:

2. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    He should have on that play, it looked like he was waiting for Clark to make the play. Troy should have at least 5 ints this year.

3. Steelballz

Steelballz Active Member

Oct 17, 2011

And Ike "Brick Hands" Taylor should have the interception record by now! He had one that hit him right in the hands that he couldn't pull in also! :frustrated:

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    he probably have should but who cares we won the game.....Did anyone ask him about that play from the media after the game?

5. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    From the pic it looks like he's drawing his arms back as if he's trying to avoid being in the play. Maybe thinking Clark has a better play on it but frankly I'd rather have two of my guys going after the ball than neither of them. Doubt he'll make that mistake again anytime soon.

6. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I know one of the explanations being put forward the most is that he may have been expecting Clark to make the play - but I don't really find that very convincing. This is Troy we're talking about, super-instinctive-ball-harrier. Nobody is going to let a ball go past them in the endzone if they're at all capable of knocking it down.

So it remains a mystery...

7. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Not trying to be rude, but there were several threads about this already earlier in the week. You might want to go back a few pages and read the comments already posted on this topic.

8. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    So? It's our off week. We need more stuff to talk about.

9. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    I really don't care. Just saying that you might find interesting comments already posted on here to read on that topic. Personally, I don't like to read multiple threads on the same topic as it becomes a little cumbersome and time consuming to navigate through multiple threads. But whatever. I wasnt trying to create controversy but just offering a friendly suggestion. Take it for what it's worth.

10. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Hey TTF, I had to laugh at my ****** word above. I wrote c u m bersome. Thanks for making this feel like home! (Old MB reference)

11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Anytime lol. The board had a list of word censors, most of which I left alone, some I tweaked. That one's news to me, I'll have to check on it. :)

12. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Agreed. I just think Troy froze, he just couldn't seem to make up his mind about what he wanted to do. It happens to everyone. How many times have you seen a RB who can't seem to decide to go right or left and as a result he just falls flat on his face? It isn't a common thing, but it happens. Troy isn't the kind of player to back off a play so that one of his teammates can possibly get the INT. I imagine he just froze. It happens to the best of us.

13. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Hmm... how many times has Mendenhall carried the ball this season? :p

14. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Looked to me, Green smacked Troy's hand down, No Idea why Troy didn't claim PI and act like holmes and do the throw the flag motion to the ref

15. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That would have been a great catch for any DB in the league. It is not like that was a gimmie...Ike made a very good play on it and went up high for it - alot of receivers drop that one and most DBs do.

16. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I agree Shaner. Maybe he lost track of the ball, maybe he froze, or maybe his body was out of position and he wasn't loaded/prepared to act at the exact moment. Won't be the first time that happens to someone, but just because it's troy I think it's being magnified.

17. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

Maybe he had a bill or two on the Bengals to cover...? ;)

18. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Really now it was dimbulb Clark screwing up again. Troy had position and who comes flying in? Ryan"I can't cover a grill" Clark. So I don't fault Troy there.

I really don't understand what Clark does positive other then hitting and tweeting. He is a major liability in coverage. Now correct me if i'm wrong here, but isn't that what a free safety's first responsibility is, to cover and help in coverage? He fails in both.

Yea the game is over and they won, but a loss there and this play would have been dissected a heck of a lot more.

CK 13

19. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes he should have.If that same situation had happened later on in the game then troy wouldve pick that one off.It's seem like he wasn't in the game in the beginning but as the game went on he got better.

20. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Shoulda... coulda... woulda... didn't... we still won.