1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Could Landry Jones.....

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    /Thread

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    it's no secret that i like landry for what he is for us but with that said, his money and jj wilcox's (another guy i like more than most) money would allow us to pick up a late cut before the season as someone said ala haden. right around 4 mil. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    It's a tough call definitely not keeping 4 QBs. If Ben goes down LJ gives us the best chance to win games but it's not like we are winning a Super Bowl with LJ if it came to that. Potential a game or two needed for playoffs or seeding. But is it worth losing Dobbs and that pick for LJ for a year? I liked what I saw from Dobbs especially last preseason game. I say have a competition at camp and see how they respond. If Dobbs has progressed any I'd take the chance and go Ben, Dobbs, Rudolph.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    hey we threw ben at the wolves early and he was out of the MAC. who's to say if rudolph can't jump the whole bunch of backups. we shall see. fichtner made lessor qb's function quite well in his offense at memphis. i think he would be smart enough to play to our backups strengths if it came to that. more so than haley anyway. i like fichtner and wanted him before haley, so i'm excited to see what he'll do here. he has some toys to work with too. i believe samuels was a well thought out tool for his usage. :smiley1::cool:

5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Mac, I agree 100% with this. I am not a guy who is for or against LJ but I will say this if Ben goes down we are screwed long term. Yeah LJ can fill a game or 2 but can't Dobbs and Mason, do we have more long term up side with Dobbs and Mason? In this day of the NFL more players are NFL ready and more players are coming in ready to play. With that said here is my take, LJ makes the most money Dobbs and Mason are under cheap contract the next 3-4 years and we invest 2 mid draft picks on these guys. I mean no disrespect to LJ but with the picks the last 2 years of QB's it is time to let LJ go.

Like you say Wilcox and LJ could free up a nice chunk of change to maybe use on a vet who gets cut. It would also help in case of an injury during camp to sign a guy. :thumbs_up: