1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cotchery visits the KC Chiefs today.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerFanInKC, Mar 20, 2012.

1. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I could see the Chiefs signing him. Would be their #3 reciever. Thoughts?

2. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I hope not. I like him as our #4 (#3 if Sanders' injury problems continue)

3. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Thoughts? They could sign him... Or maybe not.

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers are too broke to re-sign their own free agents smh.

5. bigdaddyK

bigdaddyK Well-Known Member

Feb 29, 2012
    We could offer him 2 mill but he might want more. We are 5 under without Gay and rookies signed.

6. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Cotchery would have been a steal a few seasons back. He's never really lived up to his potential, though, which may well put teams off signing him as their no. 3. He played well for us last season, and his mental awareness was excellent - but probably wasn't on the field enough to warrant moving anywhere but sideways if he were to change teams. Sticking with the Steelers makes more sense in terms of chasing championships, too.

7. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Its amusing how cotchery was saying last season how happy he was being a steeler.How the steelers organization was far better then any other and even when he was with the jets he was envious of the players for the steelers.Now look.

8. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    BS walks and money talks. That said I don't think anyone should blame him for testing the waters and he's not doing anything different than 95% of the players in the NFL would do. Team loyalty only goes so far and it works both ways. As was proved with Hines it doesn't matter how loyal you are. When the team feels you're no longer at the top of your game you will be gone so you really can't blame these guys for shopping themselves around to get the money now while they still can.

9. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree with black n gold. We act like there is still some loyalty left but in reality Hines gave us everything he had and we dropped him like a bad habit. Also the same with Allen Fanneca. It's usually players that get blamed for not being loyal but if you look at the big picture the owners are probably even less loyal than the players will ever be. It's just a business at the end of the day.

10. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    What do you mean by the same with Faneca? As in the same as Wallace, or the same as Ward?