1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cordy Glenn

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Apr 25, 2012.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I was watching NFL Network and Mike Mayock mock draft he picked Glenn for the Steelers no complaints from me this guy is huge 340 lbs, and Mayock said he can play guard and tackle.

2. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I would be satisfied with this pick. I wanted Hightower but I wouldn't complain.

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
  4. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This guy had me all over the place....I watched at least 10 hours of tape on him ,and he was very hard for me to figure out.....IMO he is a great LG and a very good RT.....His pass blocking skills are very good he has some problems in space while pulling ,but when this kid gets a hold of his target he moves it......

He has real strong hands and for the most part he keeps them inside ,he has quick feet and other than Decastro he is the best OG in this draft ...

5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Glenn has been and remains my #1 choice for the Steelers. I just don't know if he will make it to #24. I would definitely plug him in immediately at LG.

6. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I am starting to get to the point where I think someone is going to fall to us that really shouldn't and most of us will be happy. I have seen Mocks with Kuechly, Hightower, Glenn, Poe, etc. Tomlin and company mentioned 7 - 10 guys who are sure fire first rounders, but we don't know who they classify as part of this group. I would like to think that guys like Tannehill and Poe could be guys who will go in the top 10 who aren't in that group. You have other guys like Gilmore and Floyd and Brockers who no one seems to know where to place in the draft. There are teams who will want to pay that price to get above and take a guy at a particular position even if it is a reach. Look at Seattle last year...they took James Carpenter an OT. He could have been had at the end of round 2. I have seen Heath Miller and Ben R. drop to us in past drafts. I think we may see someone drop yet again.

7. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I'm not a big fan of Glenn as a 1st round guy. He just doesn't have the quick feet and athleticism we need on the interior OL. He is another big bodied fat guy swing G/T. Don't we already have enough guys like him? Let's find a true athletic G that we can plug in next to Pouncey. The strategy of drafting these fat bodied slow swing men is not panning out for us. I think Glenn would be a wasted 1st round pick for the Steelers and I would prefer to see a guy like Hightower get picked over Glenn. No way Decastro falls to us, but he is the type of G that we need with good feet, quickness, and strength. I see Glenn getting torched by the faster and stronger DE's and DT's int he NFL vs. what he played against (and got toasted by) in college. Plus I worry about conditioning and durability which has been a real problem for us.

8. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I don't like Glenn at all. He's big and powerful yes, but his technique is terrible. He's a waist-bender big time, and I think he'll be exploited by speed in the NFL.

9. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I'm not a fan of Glenn. He is so big now and is very young. What happens by the time his 2nd contract comes up, struggling to keep his weight under 400. I think he'll be a good OG for 2-3 years and that's it. Give me some-one who'll provide OL strenght/upgrade for the next 10 yr and if we're going OL we should take either a true OT in Martin or a True OG/C in Konz and not some overweight hybrid.

Cajun-