1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cordarrelle Patterson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelReal, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Smith is an idiot coach. I live down here, so I have to watch their games with Steelers not being on here. So many times they would be 7-0 in the first are no points. And he would make the team go for it on 4th & 10. And then he would wonder why they were having to play from behind.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Well he was the first coach to unlock Patterson potential so whats that make everyone else.

3. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    So this year is without Ryan. Watch Patterson go back to his old self.

4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    There’s plenty written on how Patterson was used in Atalanta in ways he wasn’t elsewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    So then he should be hitting same numbers.

6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ball park, yeah.

7. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Someone finally used him right. He had more rushing attempts last yr then he had up to his whole career at this point. He had a similar receiving year his rookie yr. He can play. Just have to use him properly. He's a jack. He also wasn't all decade for no reason. He has ability.

8. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    I don't see it happening.

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe. Mariota could be horrible, bring down his numbers but it’s not debatable that his usage was different then everywhere he played before. Ryan has nothing to do with gamer planning.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Patterson had a career year last year, unlikely to be repeated at his age and on a horrible team that looks to be blowing things up. Defences aren’t going to let him do what he did last year now that they have all that tape.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Ok so it is a pretty no brainer that if he sucks, Ryan did it. If he continues, than it's Smith.

We'll see if either of us remember saying this at the end of the season and hopefully bump it.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No, doesn’t mean that at all. First of all, he’s not going to have zero production with Mariotta, that might support your argument but really this is ridiculous, Ryan doesn’t design the offense. just watch the film of how he was used prior to going to Atlanta.

This is a stupid debate, like debating where the sun rises. I’m out.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Come on, Blast, if we all went “peace out” because of stupid debates there’d be nothing but crickets left on the message board. :lolol:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If we couldn’t hang on to JuJu for the contract that he got. There’s no way we’re signing this guy for $9 million.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    You're the one who claimed Smith is the reason.

Do you know that when a pro bowler cane to Ryan, they continued. But when a pro bowler left Ryan, they never continued? Ryan has went thru 3 head coaches. As well 5+ OC and numerous QB coach.... Patterson is the first that didn't make pro bowl with Ryan. And the reason was injuries. However his #'s dramatically improved.

So don't go calling someone stupid just because it's not how you "think". Because Smith will still be the head coach. And you're claiming it has nothing to do with Ryan. Meaning a QB should be having nothing with Patterson continuing to obtain his production...... It's a very easy debate to see what happens at the end of the year.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I called the debate stupid because Ryan has nothing to do with game planning. I don’t know how to get you to see that. If Patterson was still being used as an X receiver nothing would have changed.

17. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    If they are looking for RB depth I would be looking at

Melvin Gordon
    Phillip Lindsay
    Jalen Richard
    Sony Michel
    Jerick McKinnon
    Alex Collins

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I don't disagree that Atlanta used him right.

He ran the ball 153 times for Authur Smith and did well. Previously, he career best was 64 attempts by the Bears.
    As a Receiver, ~500 yards is a decent expectation from him, a couple TD's or so.

He did finally re-sign with the Falcons, which he should have. They played a good game with him letting him seek the big dollar contract and no one bit.
    He has a moderate contract for a 31-year old RB.

In Pittsburgh, he might have been able to play the same role but it would be 1 or 2 year rental.
    I think, they opted to either remain pat or look at youth. Harris is a beast, but could use a rest from time to time.
    Should he go down to injury, I'm not sure what plan B is.

• Like Like x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Actually day by day where the sun rises and sets moves from Winter to Summer solstice

I live on the top of a hill and watch both each morning and make note of where they are

Just being a smart alek

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You are being a smart A$$, but it doesn't mean what You said is any less true. I have always like watching the difference throughout the years.

• Like Like x 1
  22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I see more sunsets than sunrises but on top of this hill the sunsets are great

My wife or I will be busy doing whatever and one of us will yell “sunset” and we meet at two Adirondack chairs with a beer

• Like Like x 3
  23. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    He ended up getting 5.25 for the next two years. That would have been a reasonable amount for the Steelers considering they are paying a fb 3 mil to do absolutely jack. They could have had a swiss army knife type of guy they could have split out at wr, slot, and given harris a spell at rb....kind of like Deebo but not nearly as good.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    I live on the lake in Georgia. It's the same here.

• Like Like x 2
  25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Why wife and I visit a place called Sunset Beach NC
    It’s actually an east West Island sort of and we go for a couple of weeks around Halloween
    At that time of year at the crack of dawn I go outside with my dogs a mug of tea and watch the sun rise over the ocean
    Beach walk beer nap eat shrimp
    Then watch the sun set over the ocean in the other direction

• Like Like x 2