1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Congratulations Steelers on 19 Years Without a Losing Record

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rel, Jan 8, 2023.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I remember when Dh18Baller took a look in the mirror. Seams like a lifetime ago.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I said I was flooding the board with the same Tomlin crap and it was useless. I agreed with you it changes nothing. Doesn’t mean I’m happy with another year of non Steelers playoff wins…

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    temper your enthusiasm. We haven't done anything in the post-season since 2011.

Its like being congratulated for being runner up. 3-6 playoff record during Ben's prime years. I don't see how anyone could be satisfied with that.

As far as this year, i give credit to Tomlin for keeping the team focused after a horrible start and ending the season on a high note but that's it. Any COY talk for beating a few average to bad teams to end the season is just going way overboard.

4. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    I think he should get coach of the year honestly. The way he beat those sub 500 teams down the stretch with a rookie QB was nothing short of amazing.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Nobody is happy about that. I think that is the problem some posters have with you and Knox, among others, this suggestion that any Steelers fan is happy with missing the playoffs or losing in the first round. I'm very frustrated by the wasted opportunity. They should have been able to win one or two of those games against the AFC East. One would have been enough to make the playoffs.

I can also like the progress I saw from some key players on offense. Pickens showed great promise. Once he got healthy, Harris looked good. Warren emerged as a useful player. Most importantly, Pickett showed that he might be their long-term answer at quarterback. He certainly needs to take a big step forward next year, too, but Pickett made progress later in the season. Honestly, I think any excitement comes down to how you evaluate Pickett. Do you look at the overall numbers only and say that he's not good enough, or do you look at the late-season growth and last-minute comebacks and see the potential if he can be more consistent with his throws and see the field better. Those things often come with experience.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Exactly, lot of mischaracterizing peoples positions. That dumblin guy hasn’t remotely described anyone here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You’re chasing ghost, bro.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Other than maybe one or two people on this board they are basically describing someone who doesn’t exist.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Thank you. Just because I say that 19 years without a losing season is a good accomplishment it doesn’t mean that I’m happy with mediocrity or that’s my goal every year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I predicted on the thread. 9- 7- 1.
    Second year in a row I missed by a tie.

• Like Like x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Close. I never thought that about Marty S.....although....He never won a SB.

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    The complaints... some worthwhile, but some are freaking fantasy. It's not like every team, or any team goes to the SB every year GEEZZZZ.
    Also I could understand the $hit if We never have been, or won any. What the Patriots did is unheard of, and big time lucky.....I believe they are watching the playoffs with us right now, have a worse record this year, and got bounced out last year 1st game ....like us. This is not a Madden video game.
    GEEZZZZ. You think anyone on this board that is a Steelers fan wants to not be in the SB again. GEEZZZZ.

13. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Forget the SB I just want a playoff win!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not Me. I want a SB win...., but I don't live in a fantasy world. Right now I will take the winning season, and look for a major step forward. I can't complain. I picked them to go 9-7-1. So about what I thought. Not easy playing with a rookie Qb. Also won money by betting the over on the season wins total.
    I was sweating it while TJ was out. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  15. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    So we started the season by getting behind and then had a good second half of the season. In 2020, we had an amazing start of the season and then imploded at the end. I feel like battling back makes for the better season as opposed to falling apart at the end. I'm also not in the mindset, as some are, that any season that ends in no SB trophy is a complete failure.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    Somehow the message needs to get through to you guys who keep beating this dead horse. IT IS POSSIBLE TO RECOGNIZE MIKE TOMLIN AND THE PITTSBURGH STEELER'S SUCCESS AND NOT BE HAPPY THAT WE HAVEN'T BEEN TO THE SUPER BOWL IN TEN YEARS. Both are possible. I think Mike is a good, even great coach. I think he needs to make some adjustments to get us to the next level. I don't think bringing some other guy in here makes going to the next level easier or more likely. There, see how easy that was?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    That's a false dichotomy. No one said it means glory days. It's an observation that demonstrates this team has been consistently competing for the post season during the entire Tomlin era. It doesn't mean more or less than that. It's an off season piece of info that I came across. Calm down and tell your children whatever you want.

• Like Like x 1
  18. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    You can make fun of it all you want but the Pittsburgh Pirates have won a participation trophy for like 30 straight years;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Of course it just had to be frigging Brady with the 8-9 team. I'm worried now that he is a single guy he'll attempt to reach George Blanda's record. (I think he made it to 50)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I didn't think about that. Too lazy to research but I'd have thought the Packers.

• Like Like x 1
  21. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Oh you know damn well he will be the first to ***** about not making it further in the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
  22. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I actually think most of us were way more excited about the 2-6 start turning into a decent season. To have an organization not having a losing season in 19 years is something any fan would like to have but you won't see any members with a flag out of their car window stating 19 non losing seasons;) I really believe for most on here it was the excitement of finishing strong with a rookie QB who has given us hope. We all have seen teams suffer when it is time for a new QB. 3-4 win seasons, sometimes for a few years. Don't know what the future holds but we only had to suffer 8 games. (I hope)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    Well I never considered myself a genius, but perhaps the lack of playoff success with the talent we've had coupled with the proposed scenario in the post which was would I be ok with a losing season. If that losing season coupled with the lack of playoff success and host of other issues over the years lead to the organization making a complete coaching staff change, I was saying I would be ok with that. Is it ok sparky for me to give my opinion?

• Like Like x 2
  24. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    No

25. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Strummer and who else?