1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Congrats to Polamalu and Faneca

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jan 3, 2020.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They're among the 15 finalists for the Hall Of Fame, they probably won't put both of them in this year.

• Like Like x 3
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Polamalu should be a lock.

Faneca will take a few more years though.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Polamalu the only lock on the ballot.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Faneca should have been in for me personally. Troy is a guarantee for Canton. No doubt in my mind about that.

Unless someone can find me a Strong Safety since the AFL-NFL Merger not named Troy Polamalu that has won DPOY, case closed. It was widely believed that a Strong Safety would never even get votes for the award and nevermind winning it. Troy did both; Two Super Bowls to his name as well.

Troy is a lock. Case closed. You heard it here first! :sign0020:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ward deserves to be in there.... he shouldn't be punished because he was on a run heavy team, and only played with an elite qb for the later part of his career.

Put him on the Kurt Warner Rams and he would get all the stats you need and then some...

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Troy is Head and Shoulders above all other nominees this round. ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    twice.gif

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He'll get in hes just not first ballot and shouldn't be.

9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Name a strong safety with his abilities as a ball hawk and his instincts. Exactly

10. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Ken Houston!! :goofy:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

You told me who he was about a week and a half ago but I already forgot who he is.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

In short, Ken Houston paved the way for what is now known as the modern day Strong Safety; one who can not only play in the box but also cover in the slot. Keep in mind thoug that three receiver formations where not as plentiful in the 1970s as they are now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Agree on TP as an easy choice and I'm a fan of Faneca. Unfortunately, Faneca doesn't seem like a household name outside Pittsburgh plus OG isn't as sexy as the skill positions. Seems like AF may not be a lock.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Troy will get and maybe and finally Shell. I have a feeling that Troy's speech is gonna be boring though ...lol

15. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Ugh... you are not kidding about Offensive Guards. They generally have a difficult time getting in. Not even close to Wide Receivers but oh most definitely the most difficult among the Offensive Line positions.

Heck, it took Jerry Kramer to punch his ticket over 60 years! Here is the irony of it all. Jerry Kramer was at one point the only player on the NFL's 75th Anniversary All Time Team not in Canton at the time.

EVERYONE ELSE from that team was. He was not. Really?!?! :eek:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    LOVED me some Donnie Shell, the whole reason I wore 31 when I played....

I'll just say this....if Polamalu isn't a lock, then the system is flawed. Not just because I'm a Steeler's fan but the dude was a force to be reckoned with and changed game plans. I loved Ed Reed and he was a ratbird. Talent crosses lines imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The nfl, is still using his highlight reels. He was the whole package ... smart, courageous, and loved his brothers. Pit his body on the line for them and coach Lebeau. Ed Reed was a true ball hawk. But, so was Troy. But Troy, added difficulty and flare to his int's. But, unlike Ed, Troy didn't stop there. He added other positions to his repertoire ... ss,fs,lb, hybrid, blitzer and centerfielder general. I dont want this post to be too long. But, how many of you remember, when OC would choose a play according to how troy lined up. Not Debo, not Woodley ... but Troy. If he was close to the line then they would pass ... if he was playing centerfielder... then they run ... Wow, now that's respect. And, this was when he pass his prime and injured.

• Like Like x 2