1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Congrats on the win

Discussion in 'Football Talk With Other Fans' started by thundercleetz, Oct 21, 2013.

1. thundercleetz

thundercleetz Member

May 12, 2013
    Two teams coming into the game with underwhelming offensive line play and struggling running games, the Steelers simply kicked the Ravens ass at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. The Ravens couldn't run the ball at all in a traditional formation. The sack numbers might not have showed up but the Steelers put a lot of pressure on Joe. Neutralizing the deep ball. It wasn't until later in the game we started running shorter and more intermediate routes to counter the blitz. A little too late.

I am very impressed with your running back Bell. I posted in the offseason he would be a great fit for your team. He hits the hole hard, runs north and south, and is hard to take down. He should only get better as the season goes on. Of course the Steelers run defense is still awesome.

As as for the Ravens, our run game is worthless. I think we should run Joe out of the shotgun no huddle most of the game. We started having good success once we got the tempo up. Our receivers are coming along nicely. However our short yardage run game is our Achilles heel killing drives. On defense I thought our secondary played great on your fast receivers. We did a good job of containing Ben until that last drive. Your offensive line stepped up on the last drive big time!

On a side note: kind of sad to see Troy and Ngata not the players they once were. They both made a few plays that would remind you of greatness but the consistency is not there anymore.

What do you guys think? Congrats again on the win.

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Thanks for the graciousness but I gotta say I hope you make another one of these threads next month as well. LOL.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Thanks for the congratulations. Those games always have you holding your breath down to the last second. Rice still seems effected by his hip injury. What's going on with Ngata? I know he had offseason knee issues, but I thought he was back to 100%. On a positive note for you guys, Dallas Clark seems to have become a reliable contributor on offense.

Troy isn't the player he once was, but he's not that far. He's definitely closer to his old self than he was a season ago.

4. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't like all this cordialness. LOL.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    We're nothing without our manners. :smiley1:

This subforum is for general, civilized discussion, the smack talk subforum is for...less civilized "discussion". :twisted:

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    You stretch in assuming there are civilized rats fans. I imagine most of them drag their wives by the hair and carry clubs. LOL.

7. thundercleetz

thundercleetz Member

May 12, 2013
    Rice is definitely not 100%. The burst and lateral quickness is not where it usually is. No one is saying anything but I wouldn't be surprised to see Rice reveal a more serious injury after the season. Rice has never had a major injury and is only 26, however he has taken a lot of hits in his college and professional career. 26 is also the age that Jamal Lewis dropped from an elite running back to broken down. Certainly concerning to Ravens fans.

Ngata is much more worrisome. He always seems to have a new knick or ding. This week it was his elbow. Part of the problem is he hasn't had a healthy offseason in three years. IMO Ngata is no longer a full time player. He needs to be used on a limited basis to maximize his efficiency. With a $16 million cap number I'm sure Ozzie is going to present Ngata with a pay cut or release option. Sad because Ngata is only 29. However with Arthur Jones and Brandon Williams as young up and comers, we should be good in the interior line if these two guys keep progressing.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  8. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    HOLY COW
    you are a prophet (sorta) not a preacher .

9. Bigg52Hurt

Bigg52Hurt Active Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Wow! Why we Ravens fans gotta be all that blount? :eek: :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Blount is a man of god haha

11. Bigg52Hurt

Bigg52Hurt Active Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Nothing wrong with that but he was a false prophet with that statement. :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1