1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Compilation of media predictions for Bucs-Steelers game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TenaciousD, Sep 19, 2018.

1. TenaciousD

TenaciousD Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2017
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-steelers-bengals-beat-panthers-to-go-to-3-0/

Pittsburgh at Tampa Bay

The Steelers can't get out of their own way both on and off the field. Two of the three B's -- Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown -- have made news for all the wrong reasons while 36-year-old Ben Roethlisberger is left trying to hold it all together. Big Ben threw for 452 yards and three touchdowns in last week's loss to the Chiefs but unless he can play defense too, Pittsburgh is in trouble. The Buccaneers, meanwhile, have one of the league's most explosive offenses thanks to the Ryan Fitzpatrick playing out of his gourd. Given Roethlisberger's road struggles, that porous Steelers defense and these ridiculous numbers from Fitzpatrick -- 78.7 completion percentage, eight touchdowns, one interception -- it's hard to see Tampa Bay losing.

Pick: Buccaneers 38, Steelers 28

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. TenaciousD

Sep 10, 2017
    Sporting News

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...ions-broncos-ravens/lqfpblysa7on1ewez6nmct3ol

Pittsburgh Steelers (0-1-1) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-0)

Monday, 8:15 p.m., ESPN

Fitzmagic gets his last official run before Dirk Koetter has to make a choice between him and Jameis Winston, and Ryan Fitzpatrick gets it against a Steelers defense for which a crummy start has been overshadowed. Thank Antonio “Trade Me Let’s Find Out” Brown for the latest deflection. The Le’Veon Bell Watch resumes, of course, as does the campaign to use innocent bystander James Conner as a weapon against him. To add to the atmosphere, Tony Dungy’s induction into the Bucs' Ring of Honor is Monday night. Fun times for the Steelers, or as much fun as staying winless can be.

Prediction: Buccaneers, 36-26

3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It's going to be another frustrating game, IMO. Steelers will tease us by keeping the score within 7 for most of the game, only to get a 3 and Out/punt with about 5 minutes remaining in the 4th. Bucs go up by 2 scores... game over.

Prime time games on the east coast suck. I'm thinking about skipping it and going to bed at the usual time. I'll watch the carnage/trainwreck unfold on DVR the next evening.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. TenaciousD

Sep 10, 2017
    ESPN

Week 3: Monday, Sept. 24, at Tampa Bay Bucs, 8:15 p.m. ET

The Bucs enter a pivotal year for Dirk Koetter's staff, and Jameis Winston's play improved late last season. Tampa is capable of beating anyone, and the Steelers are 2-5 against Florida teams (Jaguars, Bucs, Dolphins) since 2013. Pittsburgh will cave under the September heat. Record: 2-1

5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    we will win. 45-17. Ben likes the spotlight. "look at me with all my ouchies throwing for 500 yards"

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. TenaciousD

Sep 10, 2017
    24/7 Sports

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburg...2018-season-prediction-119345358/#119345358_3

The Pick: Bucs 28, Steelers 21

This is the first true surprise from Prisco's predictions, but it is one that is grounded in fact. This is a road game for the Steelers coming in the same week as their surprising loss to the Chicago Bears last season. They are projected to be undefeated at this point, so they are in prime position for a classic Steelers upset loss given their mentality. And though Tampa Bay will be without Jameis Winston, it is unclear how much better he actually is than backup Ryan Fitzpatrick. Winston has not grown past the dumb interceptions that have plagued his early career, and the Steelers will likely have their guard down against a team starting a backup. It's a tough pill to swallow, but this could easily be a loss for the Steelers.

7. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I hope you're right and I'm wrong. 1-1-1 would be nice with Ravens on deck.

8. TenaciousD

Sep 10, 2017
    I've yet to see predictions of a Steelers win from a major media outlet. If anyone can find one please post it.

9. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Everybody acts like the Steelers have no chance.. Like it's Georgia Southern going up against Alabama or something.. Tampa Bay is still Tampa Bay and there's still Ben Roethlisberger for the Steelers. I'll be surprised if they lose

• Like Like x 1
  10. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    The Bucs have awesome weapons like the Chiefs. Fitzpatrick has a lot more experience than Mahomes and look what he did to the Steelers defense. The only way I see the Steelers even having a chance to win is get Fitzpatrick rattled. Their O-line and TEs will be keying on Watt. Their LT should be able to handle Dupree. It will be up to Bostic, Williams and DEs to get some pressure.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  11. TenaciousD

Sep 10, 2017
    The Steelers historically have not played well in the Florida heat.

I will never forget Timmons losing his lunch vs the Dolphins. And Timmons played at FSU :eek:

We know how bad Ben can be on the road. If "bad Ben" plays I think we may have 3-5 turnovers.

12. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    The Una-Bomber just might blow up at home and crumble under his new fame.
    Nah, probably throw several bombs to some no names and win the game.

13. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Steelers/Ben are pretty good at primetime. Couple that with Steelers haven't winning, defense being embarrassed a week before, and statistically Fitz is sure to have a down game soon.

Now all that can mean nothing, and Steelers may very well lose. Which just means the season is over and not by a numbers margin, but because the team gave up.

14. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    It's the buccaneers man. It's still Tampa bay and it's still journeyman Ryan fitzharvard under center over there.. Steelers defense blows but they'll step it up Monday and they still have more talent on offense.. this isn't the pats and there not going up against a hall of fame qb loke most of the media think.. hearing them talk about fitzpatrick you'd think there talking about aaron Rodgers give me a break with all the hype

15. TenaciousD

Sep 10, 2017
    I would agree more with this if our defense didn't make Mahomes (who was basically a rookie) look like Aaron Rodgers. Fitzpatrick is better than Mahomes FWIW.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I hope the players/coaches had a good azzchewing for their performance last week. Develop a sense of urgency & pride not to be unprepared & embarrassed by another team wanting it more. Need to be 2-1-1 after the Ratbirds game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    U sure about that? Yea mahomes is still a nobody but has way more talent then Harvard boy with a bigger upside.. at the end of the season we might say dam mahomes is really legit but we know what Fitzpatrick is.. he's a journeyman an yea he's had 2 great games and that's all it is.. not saying he can't shred the Steelers d because u or I prob could but I'm just saying everyone needs to slow down on this tampa hype

18. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    need to be at least 3-2-1 lol by the bye week. hopefully that loss is vs falcons and not bengals.

19. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Worse QBs than Fitzpatrick have beaten the Steelers over the past 4 years. Glennon, Mallet, Bortles, past-his-prime-Vick... just to name a few.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. TenaciousD

Sep 10, 2017
    Tebow...in the playoffs

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Ya I'm actually glad Glennon isn't the starter because that's a guaranteed loss lol

• Like Like x 2
  22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Should Pittsburgh lose this game, that would yield devastating ramifications.

23. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    the standard is the standard

24. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Steelers win on Monday nite, and everyone relaxes and says 'see they're back'. Then Balt throttles them.

Like sand through an hourglass, so go the days of our lives.

25. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I think we mail this one in and put all out, full effort on the Ravens.