1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Compared to last year, Bell was ****ing pathetic Today...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ratkomladic, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats one emoticon you could use. Or this one :bscow:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I provided a link backing up what I said. Do you care to do the same?

3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    agreed.. what a load of crap :bscow:

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Some fans thought Bell was just going to show up and get 150 yards I guess :shrug:.

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This is true.

I would assume then players like Jamie Collins and Danny Shelton are going to regress in their minds?

Now that I think about it, and I understand I am still not a fan of his, but dodging a bullet Myles Garrett may have been a blessing as Alejandro Villanueva was not doing well against either Carl Nassib nor Emmanuel Ogbah; both of which are athletically inferior to Garrett without question.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Vikings looked good on D tonight.. Lets see if they match the Browns run D next week... I think the Browns have a good D... They will beat the Ravens.

7. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011

I could live the rest of my life without ever seeing a bubble screen again. EVER!!!!

8. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2016
    They are ok on 1st and 10 just to get a playmaker the ball. Haley likes to call them one 2nd and 25 and 3rd and 15. Whats wrong with taking a shot down the field on those particular down and distances. Instead we send guys deep on 3rd and 1 and take chanceS. We should just move the chains then. I mean I am ok taking a shot if it is there, but sometimes it isn't and Ben still goes for it. SORRY FOR THE PLAY CALLING RANT. MOSTLY I DO HATE THE BUBBLE SCREEN though.

9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    https://www.xandolabs.com/index.php...ique-play-vs-run-schemes&catid=100&Itemid=167

Here is a detailed one on how the wide 9 can be and is used against the run . Here is the clip that supports my statements .'Just goes to show how important it is to put immediate pressure on the tight end. You don’t need X&O Labs to tell you that most run schemes are three-man surface oriented. The presence of the 9-technique puts a first level player in the D gap for immediate force of the football.'

Taking that TE away and keeping the RB from having a free bounce is why the Steelers can't run against the Wide 9 .

10. Thumper

Thumper New Member

Sep 12, 2017
    There was alot of putrid football played last weekend.
    It want just the Steelers. That's what you get when all the starters sit all preseason.
    It's happened for years now.
    If we are looking that bad in 2 weeks then I'll worry.

11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Interesting. That being said, I have a question for you.

Could you be so kind as to explain to me why Le'Veon Bell ran roughshod all over the Dolphins in the 2016 AFC Wild Card Game?

12. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes because the Dolphins did not play a wide 9 against the run most of the time ,they didn't trust the LB'S to fill the C gap . They also didn't want to play man so it forced LB'S to have both gap control and pass responsibility . This was a recipe for disaster .You need stud LB'S and CB'S that can play at a high level to run the Wide 9 against the run.

When they did try to play it the LB got caught up in the trash as I call it and never got true control of the C gap . This gave Bell a 2 way go to hit the C gap or cut it back through the B gap . The true purpose of the wide 9 against the run is to take away the B gap and force a RB into the C gap for the LB he best not bounce to the D gap as the 9 will be squared up on him waiting to make a huge hit or if he hesitates the LB will crush him coming in the C gap.

The bottom line is Miami didn't have the skilled players to play the wide 9 against the run .They simply didn't control the backside and left to much space on the front side.

13. Ratkomladic

Ratkomladic Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Seriously, why do we keep using this idiot, was it 61 yards Today and BJ Finney helped him across the goalline on his only td this year... The alternatives must really suck...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Can we get some Conner now ? We need more down hill running to open up better passing windows.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Bell scored the TD...but I was wanting to see some Nightmare in short yardage.

HACK

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ring back the fullback

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You'll have to check with Tomlin on that.