1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Compared to last year, Bell was ****ing pathetic Today...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ratkomladic, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The line did struggle today, but Bell was absolutely part of the problem. I don't think he could have had a monster game the way he blocked, but he definitely missed some openings because he got there too slowly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I have A 70" tv so there's that.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Has Bell said anything on twitter tonight? Besides maybe tagging Dairy Queen just to garner some good will for his backup plan?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It may (or may not) help against a college team that relies on an edge running game, but in the NFL the wide 9 is all about giving the edge speed rushers an advantage engaging the OTs on the pass rush. Except (maybe) for rare cases when facing a team that likes to put their QBs on the edge with an RPO, it's all about attacking the pocket.

5. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree that it is mainly for attacking the QB . All I am saying is when Teams run it against the Steelers on run downs it's to stop our RB from making that jump cut to the outside . We don't run well against it at all .From what I can see they use it to take away the leverage of our TE who is blocking..

Not sure why we keep trying to reach the 9 instead of go Nasty or leave him alone and kick him out with pullers ?

6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    He had several runs where things just seemed off for him. One of the few runs he did break off before negated by a holding call, if he lowers his shoulder or keeps going he maybe gets another five yards maybe more. Instead it looked like he juked left or red to them thought maybe right to the sideline, maybe straight ahead and tackled before he decided. The vision just wasn't there.

7. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Yea Bell & Bryant didn't show up for work today, but good thing Brown & Rodgers did...

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Exactly, well that's one week we overpaid him.Look for 2 more like this and then the hammy issue.

9. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I can't even begin to tell you how little I care about Bell's performance lol He will be fine -- dude is a BEAST.

I'm worried when looking at Bryant. He looked slow and his routes weren't good.

That being said, I'm not that worried at all.

10. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Good morning. I'm watching the game yesterday thinking WTF. There are things I don't understand. I'm talking about our offense.
    The clowns have eight men in the box. Doing the math, that means two corners left and a safety playing center field 25 yards off the line of scrimmage.
    Question: Why are we trying to run the ball? Why isn't our franchise future HOF QB not tearing that defense apart by passing the ball? Can you imagine what Brady or Rodgers would do against a defensive formation like that?
    Rusty? I'm not buying it. Lazy, unprepared and going through the motions would be more like it.
    Make no mistake, its going to be a long season.

11. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Now the question is are the Browns really contenders this year with this kid or did we just play like ****? or both?

12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I would bet on "the Steelers played like crap." Steelers, more often than not, play like hot garbage in September... undisciplined, sloppy, play on both sides of the ball... especially on offense. This has been happening since the Cowher years.

We'll see how the Browns do next week.

13. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    How I rate anything on this message board has nothing to do with me believing the Steelers will win #7 and betting them accordingly. I guess I am not a person that gets too fired up about talking about it since the stroke. I would rather wait until it happens. Just my personality.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  14. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    On the bright side...we won the game we were supposed to win. That alone should keep some of you from jumping off a cliff. Of course, I am sure some will find another reason to take the leap. Maybe if you complained about Bell's rushing numbers... Honestly, I don't understand why all our players don't play at an all pro level each and every game. You want to know who really had a bad game? Our game plan played terrible. I would have yanked game plan out after the first series. Where is that cliff?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I agree. Haley has to do better. Why the hell was Ben throwing bubble screens? The intermediate routes were there for the taking... Browns had safeties WAY back in coverage leaving a huge gap. Ben could have easily exploited this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Browns stacked the box... there wasn't much they could have down. Should have gotten the pass game going!

I hate those WR screens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I hate to blame the line. But, it didn't run block extremely well today. Wasn't like Conner did great either 3 carries 11 yards.

They are a better unit than was produced yesterday.

18. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We won that's what's important...one game is no measuring stick the Brownies always play us tuff,but we always come out with the W. Bring on the Vikes

19. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Yeah offensively they looks like crap for the first 2 quarters or at least 1QTR and a half. They were having trouble gettting going but once they did they seemed to look better but still not great. Bryant looked like crap again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Game day party this Sunday at Glenn's house!!!

:rawk::drinks:

• Like Like x 2
  21. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You bring him the eye wear and I will bring the book, playing the Wide 9 against the run.:thumbs_up:

22. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    It's not rocket science. I think we get mesmerized by the attitude and the look in life. Mike Tomlin is a 3rd rate coach whom if he had been a head coach of ANY team in the NFL, would have been fired in year 3 of his coaching career. Master motivator and leader? Ok, maybe, but the guy can't coach a lick. I have seen the great ones, he isn't even very good. Average at best.

Steelers came out of the second half with no adjusts, no clue, <mod edit>, nothing. There is no identity on this offense with all that talent. It's basically Antonio Brown saving everyone's ass.

The league and everyone will see who he is once Ben hangs them up.

Dont know what the point of that was. Keep it football related.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Lets keep bryant in perspective, his first game in 18 months, he will need a couple more games to get into rhythm it just goes to show that players working out on their own to prepare for a team sport dont have the team chemistry they need before they can play at their former high level, and the same goes for bell, his first game in 8 months with out any training camp showed up yesterday and the rust will probably show up again next Sunday............

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You mean like this: upload_2017-9-11_9-29-21.jpeg

25. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1