1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Comp picks

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Feb 22, 2020.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I was hearing they were going to be announced yesterday, but nothing was put out by the league. Maybe they're too busy with the CBA talks, we might hear something next week during the combine. The Steelers really need that third round pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I would love to have that third round pick, but based on LB's performance this year, I'd be betting on a fourth.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Maybe a 5th if that's the measuring stick. He didn't have a very good year.:cool:

4. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I asked this in a post a week or so back and someone said all the measurables they use should grant the 3rd rounder. With that, I am reading post from many which I feel are very unrealistic. With a past mid 2nd, and what would basically amount to 3 4th round picks I do not see the team getting much help this year. If they find 1 starter it would be surprising, 2 would be amazing...I just do not see it. Every year throughout the league you see a couple of mid rounders explode on the scene..and yes we might get that guy. More likely (or hopefully) we get guys who can contribute, and provide a solid foundation for the future.

5. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016

Well there are only like 3 teams I can think of that would draft a RB before the Steelers second round pick IMO. The Texans definitely will, the Chiefs might, and the Dolphins probably. So a top 5 RB would definitely end up a starter if we went that direction in the 2nd roynd.

6. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I would agree with that, and I think G taken could start as well taken in the 2nd or even 4th. I think edge, Dine, WR and TE present greater obstacles..especially TE I think you can get meaningful snaps out of any of the positions, just think getting that game difference maker is a snap.

7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    We have spots we need to upgrade with those types this year. OL. DL depth. WR depth. They can be had in those rounds. We got our safety with our first pick. We can still get a top 50 pick as well. They better do their homework scouting. :cool:

8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Who do want as our top 50 pick? I'd like to see a RB or DL. I would say te but they take a few years to develop & are not a big part of our offense.

9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The first 2 picks will have to contribute if not be starters. TE and Nose Tackle come to mind. Even if they keep McGlass they need a future, and Gentry doesn't scream starter. Unfortunately Hargrave will be gone so drafting a nose tackle needs to happen. Unless you all are ready to give Dan Dan the lifetime contract man the nod :roflmao:

Can't see them going after a running back early. Of course O Line will have to be considered as well.

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Bradlee Anae. OLB/DE Utah.:cool:

11. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Yeah I don't see a RB early either unless they see something unique.
    Dan Dan is probably winded by the time he reaches the huddle from the sidelines.

12. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Unfortunately being winded from that short jaunt is likely the best shape he has ever been in..at least as a Steeler.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1