1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Com'on man!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Coastal Steeler, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    No one happy we got James Conner?

• Like Like x 1
  2. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think they need a lot more CB and Safety recruits to choose from. That's what I would have liked to see there.

Actually, that's what I would have preferred in the 2nd

WR and RB were one of my least worried about spots.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I'm thrilled with the player, just saw him as a 5th or 6th rounder. But he practices in the same building as the Steelers so if they have him graded this high then I will trust them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I thought Conner in the 3rd was early but I didn't like our 2nd round pick or 3A so I was just happy to get a player I liked at 3b.

Early, but I think it's a solid pick.

5. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Who? We've wasted so many picks on defense over the years. Could potentially have 2 second years and a rookie in the secondary next year? Rookie coming off the edge. You want to field a defense of all rookies? Screw recruits. I'll take what we got and some studs at positions that we need. We got 2 boneheads at WR and a bunch of players who show flashes but inconsistent. Who knows what we do with Bell. Plus, we need a solid back-up if they don't resign DWill.

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Early but much needed pick and a good one,
    I am real happy about this pick. James Conner is a winner.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'd like it better if it were a 4th round pick. Just think they jumped the gun on him.

8. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Except for TJ Watt, the Steelers' picks in TheSteelersFans mock draft were taken right before or slightly before the Steelers picked. I like that Colbert and company selected Smith-Schuster, if they thought he was the BPA for their needs. I am calling Smith-Schuster, Bryant-Coates insurance. The AFCCG proved that the offense against the Patriots was just as much at fault as the defense. The NFL has become a league of play-makers. That is why 20 DBs were taken in the first two rounds, to cover play-makers. Cleveland and Baltimore are rebuilding their defenses, so the Steelers better be able to counter them with play-makers on offense. Conner is probably a slight reach, but he would not have lasted another 30+ picks in my opinion.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  9. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

Well these picks are depth picks, so why choose RB and WR over more glaring spots. I'll take some depth to develop in the D backfield. The 49ers got a 6'3" CB four spots behind us.

10. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm ecstatic about the Connor pick!!! He has one thing that no one else in this draft has. Heart!!!!!!
    You can't coach that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BuckeyeBucco

BuckeyeBucco Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I would have preferred Desmond King at that spot, but I'll trust that they know what they're doing. They certainly know more than I do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    And being 6'3" is the only attribute we need in a corner...?

13. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I can see it already, more soft zone coverages because the only CB they got is a slot CB at best and can't cover man to man, oh well there is always next year.

14. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I just wonder how much the fact that Dutton is a punt returner played in the decision to draft him.

He was on my list of Corners who should go in the 3rd rounf, but just such a vanilla choice. Not necessarily a bad thing just doesn't bring alot of excitement.

It is awfully apparent that after issues with Bell and Bryant how much Character played a role in our draft picks.

Be hard pressed to find 4 guys with more character than the guys we selected.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Funny how the Pats make one pick in the draft and the first pick is Derek Rivers.

16. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Tomlin messed up Coates... he should have been on IR with his mangled fingers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Some of our biggest rivals took alot of players that we Steelers fans coveted.

Let's hope we were wrong in our initial analysis.

18. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    It's against the law for the Steelers to move up or down in the draft.

19. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I hate to heap praise on Ozzie Newsome because so many do and alot of the time it doesn't really help the Ravens.

But in a Defense heavy draft, for the Ravens to emerge with:

1. CB Marlon Humphrey
    2. LB Tyus Bowser
    3. DE Chris Wormley
    4. OLB Tim Williams

It scares the hell out of me.

I had 3 of those guys as Top 32 talent.

20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

I think they need assurances at WR judging by their 2nd rd draft pick. We all should be worried if Coates is injured and MB goes back to being a douche

21. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

We have Jacob Hagen from Liberty lol

22. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    So just like Rd 2 and 3. Let's wait till late and watch everyone go in front of us. If u want him u have to take him. That is the penalty for picking late in rounds