1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments by Dale Lolley on Steelers KC Game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by edog55, Nov 29, 2011.

1. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The good and the bad. Check out the comment about Ben's Brain Camp and nobody's head being in the game. Also his comment abot KC out coaching the Steelers. His comments about Mewelde Moore, to many touches. I agree with the Moore comments, especially when he ran the ball and fumbled in the end zone. Redman should have been running the ball. How could BA make a stupid mistake like that.

Post-Kansas City thoughts

Sloppy is the only way to describe the Steelers' 13-9 win at Kansas City Sunday night.

And not just sloppy play, but coaching as well.

Both the offensive and defensive units were penalized for having 12 men on the field. I can't remember the last time that was called on the Steelers once, let alone twice, in the same game.

Add to that Ben Roethlisberger's inexplicable brain cramp when he waived the punting team off the field on fourth down in the third quarter from the KC 39, only to take a timeout with time expiring and you get the idea that nobody's head was really in this game.

Kansas City outcoached and outplayed the Steelers for much of this game. The Steelers were fortunate that Tyler Palko was in the Christmas mood and kept on giving.

© Any game plan in which Mewelde Moore gets five first-half touches compared to none for Mike Wallace in the first two quarters of play is not a good one.
    Nothing against Moore, who's made some big plays over the years, but Wallace is one of the premiere game changers in the league.

I also realize he was being doubled constantly and some of Moore's touches came on dumpoffs and such, but you've got to get the ball into Wallace's hands.

© The same theory is why Hines Ward isn't a big part of this offense any longer.

Who would you rather have the ball, Ward or Antonio Brown?

Yes, Ward came up with a big third-down catch, but his other three receptions went for seven yards.

Wallace, by the way, finished with two catches. Ward and Moore combined for seven for 30 yards.

© Hard to believe that LaMarr Woodley would have had a more impactful game than the one Jason Worilds played.

Subbing for Woodley, Worilds had six tackles, including one for a loss, four hurries and the Steelers' lone sack.

© The coaches were also raving about the catch Wes Saunders made in the back of the end zone for the game's lone TD as well.

Couple that with the fact that Saunders is a credible blocker and you have to feel a little better about the Steelers' overall depth.

© Oh, and did I mention that Ryan Mundy had a team-high 10 tackles and an interception?

© The Steelers played poorly and stole a game on the road. Baltimore has played poorly on the road a couple of times this season and lost.

It happens.

The biggest issue is that the offensive line just doesn't seem to handle crowd noise well, which could be an issue in the postseason.

There weren't a lot of Steelers fans in Kansas City Sunday night and pretty much every offensive lineman had a holding penalty – except Chris Kemoeatu. Go figure

2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    most dangerous team is a team with nothing to lose. KC were pulling out all the stops....going for it on 4th down/fake punt. If it was the Ravens or Bengals they probably don't take those chances.

3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    yep just be glad we came out with the W

4. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    i was intrigued by your 2nd sentence. Bens Brain Camp. i though he had some crazy camp he was running for qbs to use their brain. then as i read on i realized it was just a type o.

5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I always get sick of hearing there was "miscommunication" with the receivers or "miscommunication" with this or that.

At some point are these just rookie mistakes or a fundamental flaw?

6. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't agree with the assessment that there weren't many Steelers fans. I would content that there were almost as many Steelers fans as there were Chief fans. I would agree that the team didn't seem like their hearts were in it. For lack of a better word, the team, from start to finish, looked like they felt...BLAH. Kind of how I felt the next day after the game. Mundy and Worlids looked great all night. The touchdown catch was fantastic. I didn't think the the O-line was all that bad. What I did think is that KC came after it and, as someone mentioned, had nothing to lose. KC played like it was their last game and went for broke. These kind of games always worry me and, often, I wish that we played with some of that reckless abandon.

7. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Every game is unique. They evolve based on a few key plays in most cases or a key player being outplayed by a corner or receiver. Most NFL games are close and decided by a few plays. The Steelers were fortunate to be able to make mistakes and still win. Time to move on.

8. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    :roflmao: That was funny. The inexplicable brain CRAMP wasnt so funny though.... :frustrated:

9. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I was at the game here in KC and trust me when I say, there were a ton of Steelers fans there. In fact so many that the local newspaper wrote an article about it the next morning. Dale Lolley is wrong on that one for sure!

10. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I agree with everything Dale Lolley said. Especially about getting out coached. I think that happens frequently but our players overcome it more often than not.

11. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    They did try to get the ball to Wallace - he dropped a sure touchdown pass (which resulted in Mewelde fumbling the ball on the next play,) and also couldn't bring in a long bomb that hit his hands. If he makes those two plays, we have at least 20 points and no one is talking about how ugly the game was.

12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    :this!: . Like . Luv whatever you want to assign to this post but its bang on :)

Bman

13. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Momentum cannot be understated. Had not Moore not fumbled the ball and the Steelers went up 14-0, odds are it would have been a rout.