1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Come on Bucs fans......

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Myronwemissyinz, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    .....yinz lost one game. Yinz were all over this board night before last when yinz beat my Reds.

Tonight yinz took a beating....it happens....and NOBODY here is supporting this team. This team has not been in playoffs for 21 years.... a lifetime for some fans.They are there now...Please dont give up on this team.... Yinz lost the first... big f...ing deal.....4 more to go....."It aint over till its over."......Please SHOW SOME SUPPORT FOR YOUR TEAM!!!!!! They need you now!!!

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I stopped watching baseball 20 years ago.

I hope the Pirates do well, but I'd be an imposter if I started cheering.

3. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Been working back into it since this new ownership took over. I just didn't have it in me to keep watching the "Farm" club they had become. When they pulled that crap on VanSlyke I lost all hope.

4. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    That was kinda my locker room speech. Trying to get these Buc fans off their asses.
    Yinz lost 9-1 last night won 7-1 today. Such a funny game.Now yinz have it down to best of 3.Win 2 of those Bucs. City needs it what with the way STEELERS are playing.

PLEASE give this team some support.

5. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    BRAVO!!!
    Im with you except for the part about hoping they do well. I hope they suck and move the team to the Philippines.

I guess Im happy for the players and the kids who finally get to a winner. And for the fans who stuck with them through the misery too. But I didn't. I jumped ship about 10 years ago when they were starting their 3rd 5 year plan and it was obvious to me that the ownership couldn't give 2 ****'s about winning and Im not going to suddenly come back. I left and burned the bridge behind me, so to float back across the river and act like I care now is hypocritical, disingenuous, and bandwagon-ish.

One guy I know on my FB newsfeed posted a long rant that summed up exactly how I feel and how he wrote them off too...only to end with how he recently bought a ticket and went to a game and was now back into them. Took everything I had to respond nicely. Its easy to cheer for a winner and tough to cheer for a loser. So if you leave during the bad times, you had BETTER NOT return for the good. I know its human nature, but I think it speaks volumes of one character.

A good friend of mine wrote them off too. He's now a Yankees fan :rolleyes: and refers to them as "we." His other favorite teams are the Steelers and Miami Heat. If he were a hockey fan he'd most certainly like the Red Wings.

6. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Actually, for me it might be 25 years now that I think about it. I didn't leave the team. I left the sport entirely. ;)

But the principle stays the same.

7. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Actually, was at work again, had to really work during the first STL game.

8. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm a Leafs fan, and if you know anything about hockey, you'd realize they are hockey's version of the Pirates. In fact, we had an owner that intentionally sabotaged the team and took down all banners of past success and hid them in a storage closet. But I'm still a huge Leafs fan as well as being a season ticket holder. I have never and will never give up on my team. As you said, if you cheer through the bad times you have to cheer through the good times as well, but it also works the other way around. You cheered for them through the good times so you should stick with them through the bad times. You don't give up on your team just because they're struggling, even if they're struggles continue for a long period of time. These things will happen from time to time, but you stick with your team no matter what.

But to each their own.

9. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    The Bucs are down to a do or die game. Second such game this playoffs. You guys are in playoffs for first time in 21 years. Please appreciate this. It may be another 21 years or more till you get back!! ENJOY :drinks: