1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Combine Visits and Talk...

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by NY STEELERFAN, Feb 25, 2016.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  2. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    banana

3. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    no that's not what that is in my pocket.:smiley1::cool:

4. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    After the ridiculous combine WJIII had, I dont think he makes it past the Ravens in the 2nd round, and maybe even the Raiders. Depends on if they take Ramsey/Hargreaves.

Killebrew had a nice day as well and I was already a fan. Maybe he doesn't go past round 3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Karl Joseph safety from West Virginia I like what I see from him, solid hitter and he had 5 ints in 3 games this season before he got injured.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    According to Tomlin, the team had meetings with 58 prospects at the Senior Bowl/Shrine Game (60 allowed). The only one reported was with a future 5th string QB. And if they're not listing safeties/CBs we've met with on the sites that only have up til saturday's meetings, the team wouldn't have met with them until Sunday. For some reason Steeler meetings (along with teams like the Patriots) are always massively underreported, while every person some teams (the Eagles, for example), pass in the hallway are reported as meetings.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    His film is very good. Possibly the best safety in a really good class of safeties. The medical evals will be big for him.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Karl Joseph is the dark horse candidate right now, and I think he'd bring everything the Steelers look for in a SS prospect. I'm certain that we'll have one of the following before the 3rd round hits:

Joseph
    Neal
    Bell
    Cash
    Thompson
    Killebrew

Just a matter of where the chips fall.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    while it's a good year for these guys i hope we get two somehow. two corners, two safeties, two of any of the spots we are lacking in. even if we have to hobble them for a year in camp. :smiley1::cool:

10. GB_Steel

Oct 20, 2011
    You know what I was thinking the same thing.

Say we draft Joseph (or whoever you prefer) in the 1st just to secure a good pick, then unexpectedly another guy is still there in the 2nd (or even 3rd). I would be ok taking both.

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i think some of these spots still have some quality guys into the 7th and beyond. this thing may not have tons of stars but many many solid players that can help a team build on. a really nice group this year. the athletes are getting better even at smaller programs. guys are going to other schools for playing time instead of being 3 deep at larger schools and they are becoming quality ball players. just a huge influx of talented kids playing the game right now all over. :cool:

12. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    I like this safety class so much I almost wish we needed two. I would be happy with Joseph, Neal, or Killebrew but would be intrigued by Bell or Thomson as well. Guys like Justin Simmons and Tyvis Powell have potential in the later rounds.

What I also like is that the top-tier ones are also projected as 2nd/3rd rounders... Meaning BPA capabilities in the 1st.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  13. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    we do need two and as many as three if we dump shamarko and don't sign back golden and will allen. i'd get two minimum out of this draft. :cool:

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Mike Mayock has Joseph as his top rated safety FWIW.

15. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Steelers like WVU players.

16. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016

We do but because of depth reason, I'm sure we are going to take a DT somewhere in the first three rounds. Because McCullers hasn't emerged.

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    you have to be on the field to emerge. heck mclendon played very little. we may see a DE in the first 4 rounds. maybe. :cool:

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I want Nassib here. Like that kids game and determination.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i like nassib. i like fackrell too. he's an OLB but in the same mold. long with a high motor. dean lowery from northwestern comes to mind. adam gotsis from GT. all these guys are good football players and would help a team out. i think chickillo will end up being like these guys for us. good depth. :cool:

20. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    If you don't do the job in practice, you don't make the field. And McCullers wasn't getting it done in practice to make it on to the field. So NT position is a bit of an issue. We need depth. We need more picks. LOL.

21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i'm just saying we don't use a NT near as much as we used to so drafting one in the first 3 rounds doesn't make a lot of sense to replace a backup. :cool:

22. GB_Steel

Oct 20, 2011
    I think if one has enough athleticism then you could make a case for drafting one. Billings comes to mind. The problem with these big burly guys is they tend to really tank out in the pros and lose their movement skills the more top heavy they get.

23. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    All I know is that we are thin up front on the D-line. And that depth has to be addressed this off-season. There are a lot of D-line options on the free agent front but we all know that we don't use free agency like that nor do we have the cap space. Having a steady guy like Charles Johnson (who the Panthers just cut) would/could help.

But I've a feeling that Charles Johnson and Mario Williams may be options for the Seahawks and the Cheatriots (Patriots)

24. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    it depends on how much they want. johnson made 10 mil. last year. we do have a draft pick from last year that should give us some depth. we also have a couple of other guys that were signed to futures deals that may give us some depth too. i'm sure coach mitchell has worked with these guys and will work with these guys going forward. we are talking about depth here not starters. :cool:

25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    We actually do make depth acquisitions in free agency every year. We just don't often tap into free agency for starters. I fully expect that we'll address some of our depth issues with inexpensive free agents that we feel fill needs (examples Moats, D Will, McCain).

This is the year that I want us to go a bit bigger. I don't want a big name, big cost guy, but there are plenty of respectable starting DBs hitting the market, and we have cap space.

• Agree Agree x 1