1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Combine RBs?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Go Deep, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Go Deep

Go Deep Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Who are you guys watching for the Steelers at the combine at RBs?

2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Dude...quit posting draft/combine/etc stuff in the main forum...they already moved your earlier thread to the draft forum.

3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I like Lamar Miller, RB, Miami I think he could be available when our first rd pick comes up

4. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    As long as they dont pick him!

5. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Robert Turbin, Doug Martin, Isiah Pead, Bernard Pierce and Vick Ballard- maybe one falls and is good value where ever selected

6. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Nowhere...

We don't RB's or WR's we are rich in those groups.

We need O line, D line, MLB and even a QB back up before those....

7. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011

I kind of agree with "no where " ( undrafted FA running backs can be had) There are a few other needs- but with up coming FA's at position next couple years, and this being a crap shoot, if you see great value in a guy who you feel is really taleneted I wouldnt have a problem if they grabbed someone at RB. Steelers are normally pretty good at going a different route because of value and the "we just didnt expect him to be there"

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    how so? :cool:

9. Go Deep

Go Deep Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Why does that irritate you? Don't spend enough time on here to know that there was a seperate place to post about the combine! Get a life DUDE!

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If the Steelers spend a first round pick on a RB this year then I know
    they are incompetent. OL and a good one Decastro make it happen please.

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    decastro put himself out of our range. we will get a good one though, i hope. i'm just not seeing the so rich part at wr and rb.
    1. sanders played 5-6 games last year. the year before not much more.
    2. it doesn't sound like hines will be back and if he is , he's not at the level we need.
    3. we don't know about wallace yet.
    4. we don't know about cotchery yet.
    5. we cut battle.
    6. we very easily could start the season with brown as the #1 which will deminish his abilities by being the defenses main focus then.
    7. injuries happen. we could go from penthouse to outhouse in a big hurry. i don't see rich at this point.

as for rb.
    1. we lost our #1 for at least the first 6 weeks and more then likely he won't be the same back anytime soon after that.
    2. redman can carry the load, but again one injury and we are hosed.
    3. batch looked ok for a couple of weeks in camp before a knee injury, so we don't know how he will bounce back. not to mention we have yet to see him play meaningful football in the nfl.
    4. dwyer was injured and came into camp fat and out of shape. yet again, i'm not sure he could carry the load.
    5. clay was on the PS until the rams game. i'm not calling us rich at RB with dwyer and clay as the feature backs. we may be solid on paper right now, but not rich. there is a big lack of speed at the position.

i know, i know, doom and gloom, but far from rich. there is a big difference in playing well in spot duty and being the feature back game in and game out. we just don't know yet. :cool:

12. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I didn't think it needed to be explained that we are RELATIVELY rich compared to other groups. OL, LB and i'm not sold on our d-back corp that everybody seems is fine. Never ming if Ben goes down!!! Sure Batch is good for a couple of games, but he's just a band-aid and couldn't really play a long stretch.

We also need a quality back up. QUALITY, not a starter like people sometimes misinterpret.

13. CaBurghfan

CaBurghfan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ronnie Hillman in the 3rd.......... Gonna be a steal for someone.........