1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Combine meetings

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrock151, Feb 25, 2020.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Hopefully Antonie Winfield Jr is one of them. Has those coveted NFL Bloodlines. Hopefully something comes up soon.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If possible, yes. It depends on money. Last year a slot corner got big money. I’m trying to remember who it was, but it’s slipping my mind. We can’t afford to pay him big dollars. I think he’s going to be tough to keep.

3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    That's the thing with slot corners, you have to be good at both. If one player is stronger than another in one phase and vice versa, which do you choose? I'm sure the team has a priority. I really like both players and want to keep both. My main point in the earlier reply was that I hope they don't push Hilton aside just to chase some pipe dream (signing Hargrave) or break the bank for Dupree.

With FA dollars at a premium and our CB depth as thin as it is (Plus the draft history at the position), can we really afford to let Hilton walk? Layne is a question mark and if Hilton goes, promoting Sutton leaves us no one to back up anywhere besides unproven Layne.

4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    He's an RFA anyway, if they second round tender him, that would be very doable. Then it buys time for Layne to get some evaluation and hopefully they add another in the draft.

Chris Harris with Denver signed a 1 year 12 million contract last year.

5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Add DT Ross Blacklock from TCU to the list. He looked athletic in the drills but a little undersized than what they normally go. 290 IIRC. Not much, but maybe they are looking more DE. Tuitt was 308 when drafted or thereabouts.

I thought LSU Rashad Lawrence had a very "unique" way of running to put it mildly. His arms just seemed a little too wild :lolol:. Doesn't matter since he's in the trenches just thought it funny.

Davon Hamilton is a big thick dude. He would be my top target there out of any defensive lineman.

Steeler scout Mark G must have been pissed at Auburn's Marlon Davidson, blew the re-start whistle on him a ton for stuff others were doing. Trying to see how he'd handle adversity I guess :lolol:

6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Gallimore should be added to the list as well. I think it would take our 2nd to get him and our 3rd or possibly our early 4th for Hamilton

7. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I know the 3-4 vs 4-3 argument is weak nowadays, but man Gallimore would seem more effective in a 4-3 alignment. I think the same is true for Hargrave but he's done great as our DT. Guess I'm just looking for someone a little more stout this year.

8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The contract that I was thinking of was Tavon Young. 3 years, $25.8 million with $13 million guaranteed at signing. He’s a good slot corner, but not spectacular by any means. I don’t know if Hilton would get an offer that rich in free agency, but anything even close to that ballpark is too much for us to spend.

9. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    AJ Dillon isn’t a rockstar in the vision category, but that was a weakness in my view for Andre Williams. I thought he would stick in the league at least as a member of a committee, was surprised he didn’t last. Dre was never as quick as Dillon, and was slightly less powerful although powerful.

That said, Dre had below average vision behind a horrid Giants O-Line with an aging Eli. So. Not the best landing spot.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. steeler_george

steeler_george Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2020
    I gave you bad info, they had the a program dedicated to the top 100.

You can actually watch the NFL network for free on PC, for their regular broadcast, but certain live things you need to have paying stauts.