1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Collinsworth right about one thing: Gets us going

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thorn058, Oct 4, 2018.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think we all have strong reactions to what Collinsworth say but he isn't wrong in this case. Steeler Nation loves this type of play.

Just cranks it up a notch!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The pregame speech for defense has to get better than "we can do better."

3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He was also right about questioning why the coaches were only sending 3 when it was clear to the world it wasn't working. Even Flacco agrees....saying this was the easiest Steeler D he ever faced.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed. I get that the corners played horribly. That means you have to dial up the pressure rather than back off even more. At least mix it up a little.

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I like Collinsworth. He’s accurate. He tells it like it is good or bad. He does lean heavier on whomever is winning, but that’s what announcers do.

6. BLACKGOLD CHAMPS

BLACKGOLD CHAMPS Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2016
    I'm not a Collinsworth fan by any means, but I have to agree with him that the three man rush was not working out. If Collinsworth can see that why would the coaches continue on with no adjustments?

7. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I can handle Collinsworth except for his tendency to make the player on the last play the most important guy on the team on every single play of the entire game. I thought I heard him commenting on the towel boy at one time, "Did you see the way the towel boy ran after the ball? The guys on this team really look up to this towel boy! This towel boy has put the time in and made himself invaluable to the team." You get the picture.

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Where was the passes to Vance in the second half? Switzer shouldn't be leading the team with 7 receptions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    And that's one of the reasons why they are ranked 29 th in the league on pass defense.......

10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    3 man rushes never work with our team. No pressure and guys are always open. I agree with some, bring the heat. We are gonna get beat regardless might as well hit the qb.

damn I just got a roughing penalty

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Yeah I lament whenever we rush 3 in a game. Seems like it just gives us more people out of position to defend the pass. Or else hit the receiver ONLY once he’s past the sticks on 3rd and 16.... and then wonder why we have so many guys playing behind the sticks..... DAMN now you’ve got me riled up and we’re not even playing!

12. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    C'mon didn't you read what Cam said....some of the guys don't realize that pressure and coverage go hand in hand...

• Like Like x 1
  13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Remember the play against the Ravens where the TE caught the ball underneath and the aerial view showed the Steeler coverage having tea and crumpets 20 yards away...:smiley1: . If Flacco had any more time our guys may have been doing the Heinz field version of The Lambeau Leap....