1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

College Bowl Game Prospects

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by NY STEELERFAN, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I assume you're referring to acting like he's been there before after the plays are over?

• Like Like x 1
  2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    yep, ball to the ref right away

• Like Like x 1
  3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Washington is the anti-diva WR.

Real quiet and humble kid.

Grew up in rural Texas. Into hunting and fishing.

As the two above noted, maybe because he has been there so many times, he gets his td and finds the ref to hand the ball to.

I really like Washington more and more. Has great hands. Has a really good top gear.

I think ultimatey I will have him as a 1st round pick but wouldn' be surprised if he goes in the 2nd. He looks like a 4.45 guy to me but we will see how he runs at the combine and pro day.

It may just be the scheme, but I didn't really see him run anything more than go routes, slants and posts.

His RB like build may have some teams taking a pass on him in round 1.

Even if we lose Bryant, I'm not quite sure the Steelers will be looking at a WR even if he falls to the bottom of round 2. Not likely to be a Steeler but definitely a guy I will keep an eye on wherever he lands.

4. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Washington has looked like the real deal in every game I've seen him play. I think he's easily a top 2 or 3 receiver in any draft. In fact, if he's the guy I think he is (which I'd need to confirm with more of a film breakdown) I'd probably take him over any receiver drafted in the past few years. He may not have the H/W/S of an elite prospect, but he gets separation, catches the ball, and then does something with the ball in his hands. IMO too many receivers are drafted high based on potential, and not actual play (see Perriman, Treadwell, etc). You know what you're getting in Washington. He will be a legit #1 receiver, even if he's not a physical clone of Julio Jones (again, if he's the guy I think he is based on watching him while watching games live - need to watch more film).

Rudolph... I like him a lot, but I don't see him as a can't miss guy. I'm not sure I see that steel-eyed killer instinct in him. There have been times where he's looked a bit down or tentative. In particular, I'm thinking of a game earlier this year - maybe vs. K State? - where he didn't seem himself until it was too late. There were other Rudolph games from previous seasons that I had watched back when the Ben retirement talk was going on. Some gave me a wow vibe, but others really didn't.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Rudolph is inconsisent and only has average arm strength. For those reasons I think he is a bottom half 1st round pick.

Like Ben, when he is on, he is jaw dropping. Watch his visit to Heinz Field this year vs Pitt. Jaw dropping.

When he is off, it'- often a clunket. K-State was a bad outing but he really turned it on in the 4th quarter to lead a near miraculous comeback. He also played quite poorly against TCU.

QBs outside the Top 10 overall usually have some bad flaws, or else they would be going Top 10.

I wouldn' trade up too far to get him, but if he falls past 22, I atleast start taking a good look at the possibility.

6. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Cotton Bowl game tonight.

USC vs Ohio State.

Lots of prospects in this one.

Sam Darnold
    Ronald Jones
    Deontay Burnett
    Uchenna Nwosu
    Chris Hawkins

Billy Price
    Tyquan Lewis
    Sam Hubbard
    JT Barrett
    Denzel Ward
    Damon Webb
    Jamarcus Jones

• Like Like x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Watching the music city bowl super impressed with northwestern rb jackson. Also Kentucky lb jones has shown flashes. Both QB's have been hurt and are out and the ref's have thrown out 2 players so far. Kentucky QB is back but starting RB Snell was one that was thrown out and he looked good while in.

8. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Forgot to add him above but:

Jerome Baker, ILB, Ohio St

Should flash lots tonight.

9. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Dezel Ward choosing not to play.

Damon Webb with a nice fumble recovery and return.

Darnold looking sharp early.

10. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Damon Webb with a beautiful pick 6 against Darnold.

Webb - a potential FS option?

11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Been seeing Marcus Allen's name pop up a lot linked to us anyone have any thoughts on him, guess this is a guy we can watch today. Here is one thing I found:

A vocal leader who would be a fantastic presence in the locker room, Allen’s intangible value is matched by his on-field skill set, one that makes him one of the most complete defensive prospects in this year’s class. He’s a well-rounded player with great instincts and awareness that would make an immediate impact in Pittsburgh.

12. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I' actually surprised how little buzz there is for Allen on this board and amongst Steeler nation.

Tells me alot of people know alot about him and aren't impressed.

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    chris worley OSU also. he had a good game. sam hubbard is a stud too. would like to see if he stays or not. :cool:

14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    is this the rose bowl or the running back bowl?

both team's rbs putting on a show!!

• Like Like x 2
  15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Yeah been wanting to see the OKL. TE Andrews..........

16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    he's been making some plays too. mackey award winner.

ohhh bad pick by Mayfield

17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah just as I typed it omg.......

18. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    As good as Chubb and Michel are, I think Anderson may project best to the NFL game.

19. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I am liking him too. Tough to bring down. two years cut short by injury, but a very good receiver out of the backfield it looks like.

20. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Wasn’t aware of the injury history. That could be limiting depending on what the injuries are, and how much risk there is of recurrence. Bad fumble by Michel as I’m writing this.

21. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    season ending leg injury as a freshman, season ending neck injury as a sophomore

22. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  23. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Was looking forward to see him against a good defense. Pretty much a non factor. He looked really slow. I had him as a 1st round TE but now I'm questioning that.

Will have to go back and look at him vs other capable defenses.

• Like Like x 1
  24. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    bump** check out the highlight vid on page 1. Nice @SteelCity_NB

• Like Like x 2
  25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Nice clip, just one question there has been talk about the lack of speed from Washington but how come every clip I see has him burning the CB???? :shrug:

Also can we put the lack of arm strength to a rest looks like Mason can chuck it down field pretty far......