1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

College Bowl Game Prospects

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by NY STEELERFAN, Dec 16, 2017.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Calling all college football fans and draft guru's. The bowl season starts today and this is just about where I start looking into draft prospects however I will not be watching much today. Wondering if there are guys people like that are under the radar types. With 6 games today there has to be guys people are talking about or interested in as draft prospects for us. Feel free to talk about who impressed ya and who didn't in these bowl games. We have some big needs ILB, S, TE and QB so feel free to mention guys you see or are/ could be on our radar. Here are some players ESPN has highlighted:

North Carolina A&T quarterback Lamar Raynard
    North Texas QB Mason Fine (soph)
    Troy RB Jordan Chunn
    WKU QB Mike White
    Georgia State WR Penny Hart
    Boise State linebacker Leighton Vander Esch,
    Colorado St WR Mike Gallup & QB Nick Stevens
    Ark. St. DE Ja'Von Rolland Jones

These are names I found while trying to find guys to look at add to the list and if you watch post what you see.

2. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Today's games has a couple QB's worth keeping an eye on:

Mason Rudolph Ok. St. @ 5:15

Luke Faulk Wash. St. @ 9pm

• Like Like x 1
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Unless comcrap decides to show up and fix my cable/internet I’ll be using my neighbors WiFi to download more episodes of Peaky Blinders.

4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    :huh::huh::huh:

5. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

On a somewhat related topic when did amazon prime start airing live nfl games? I watched the game vs Houston on my iPad. Quality was awesome and none of the usual issues found with viewing by alternative means.

6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    WR Mike Gallup is pretty legit,

I want to catch Virginia S Quin Blanding today if I can. We can add him to the LBer you posted in the other thread...Kiser

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    You are talking to the wrong person on this, lol. If it is not on tv I don't watch it.....yep I am old school. :smiley1:

8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Please keep us posted what ya see, I have basketball again all day hoping to be home later to catch the 2nd half of the Ok. St game. This is where I start to watch some college draft prospects, I don't know many guys as I don't watch enough games thru the year.

9. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    this was the first year I believe. Someone streamed them last year, but I'm drawing a blank on who it was.

10. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I will definitely have my eye on the Oklahoma St - VA Tech game tonight at 515 est.

QB Mason Rudolph
    WR James Washington

Some VA Tech underclassmen to keep an eye on, although I don' believe they have officially declared yet

OLB Tremaine Edwards
    DT Ricky Walker
    DT Tim Settle

• Like Like x 1
  11. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    1 game opinion but I was not impressed by LBer Micah Kiser. Just could not get through the trash. If someone went low on him, he was on the ground almost every time. Navy ran the ball just about every play, so it was a one sided evaluation for his run defense. For a high volume tackler, I was surprised how easily he was taken out of the play by blockers hitting the 2nd level.

No pass defense to watch for Blanding, so that sucked. Navy had 1 attempt the whole game. For his run defense, he seemed quick to diagnose and flow to the ball. Bad angle once or twice but usually around the ball. Missed a tackle, hit him but slid off, which resulted in a TD. Tough to evaluate with no passes being thrown or the threat of a pass.

Boring game and stopped watching about end of 3rd lol.

• Like Like x 1
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Amazon Prime started airing games this season.

13. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Mason Rudolph was his usual productive self.

66% comp, 350 yards and 2 TDs.

I really think he would fit nicely into our scheme. Throws a really nice deep ball. Excels at hitting slants and post routes. Has some athleticism but is really good moving around the pocket and is hard to bring down.

Put a great o-line in front of him with weapons and I think Rudolph can be good, quickly.

James Washington also showing why he should be a top 60 pick. Has a RB build but great speed and excellent production. I think ultimately he is a 6'0 210 WR with legit 4.4 speed.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Thanks for the evaluation, I thought with playing Navy it would give a sign how good he was vs the run since that is all Navy does. Pretty sad to red this as what I did read on him was very good. :smiley1:

15. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    that was the only game I've seen so far, and only 3 quarters at that, so take it for what its worth. Could have been an off game.

16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I was able to catch about half the game and I came up with just about the same opinion. I thought he had nice touch on the deep ball and I was seeing Black and Gold as he was in command in the pocket. I will say this with just a half of watching and looking at his stats wouldn't it be nice to see Ben come back another year and teach this guy?

As for Washington I saw a little AB in him, just about caught everything and especially the hard ones. Liked both of these guys a ton.

Was very disappointed Faulk didn't play in the late game....

17. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I'm beginning to think Rudolph will go a lot earlier than we can afford.

NC State plays today and Ryan Finley, who has not declared yet, will be on hand. May be one to watch for ya, I know i'll tune in for that one.

18. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Yup was disappointed Falk didn' go. Guess he had a wrist injury.

I have Falk ad the most accurate QB in the draft with Rudolph at #2. AccuraCy in NCAA matters. Both guys are always above 65%.

I see Washington as more of a Jarvis Landry/Keenan Allen type, but faster.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Rudolph is all over the place from what I've read. Some scouts have him as a Day 3 pick which I find absurd.

I think he ultimately goes late 1st. I would think Buffalo would have alot of interest but I think he is just about plug and play into the Steelers system.

Along with his productivity, I keep reading that Rudolph has a Peyton Manning/Derek Carr dedication and passion for the game. A really hard worker.

I just really think the Shazier injury will be a big factor in Roethlisberger hangin it up after this year.

Not a doubt in my mind that if the Steelers were to win the SB, that Ben would ride off into the sunset a la Bettis.

Unless we are going FA, which is certainly possible, I think we need to go QB in round 1.

20. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Picks 9, 10, and 11 which should be Denver, NY Jets, and Arizona all need QBs. I just don't see him slipping past those 3 spots. Especially if what you say is true about his dedication etc. All that will come out in interviews.

The day 3 stuff is absurd, we all know NFL evaluators laugh at the media's rankings.

21. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Don't get me wrong, I hope he does fall to the late 1st, that would be a must pick imo

You still have Clev and NY Giants in top 4, which will take a QB also, you would think. That will soak up the Darnolds, Rosens, Allens, maybe Jacksons of the draft. So that could be 6 or 7 teams looking at QB in the top 12 or so.

Heard the new Clev GM does not like Rosen, due to attitude. May be something to watch...

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  22. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011

I know it' only highlights, but a great video to watch. 2 potential 1st round picks.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Yup, as HEAVY of a QB class as this is, also as heavy of a need for alot of teams.

I kinda like Darnold the most overall. But he will need time.

I think Rosen has the best tools, but his attitude could derail him.

Allen is a complete wildcard for me. Might be the best, might be a nothing.

I do think Rudolph is a system QB. Won't work for every team.

Mayfield will probably be successful but teams will be hesitant due to his height.

Falk should be successful but once again, won' work in every system.

Lamar Jackson, another boom or bust guy.

Finley? Ferguson? Barrett? Stidham?

Lots of great arms in this draft.

Just don't forget, as much as some of those teams around 8-12 that need a QB, can be tough to take the #4 or #5 QB when you can have the top player at other p

24. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    those one-handers on the 2nd and 4th TDs were pretty sweet. Trying to think who he reminds me of.... maybe a bigger Brandin Cooks, but Randall Cobb as well.

25. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    A bigger Randall Cobb or a faster Jarvis Landry.

Did you notice a very admirable quality that Washington displays on all those TDs?