1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Colin Cowherd Saying Tomlin is hurting Steelers..

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Nafsteelers, Oct 26, 2016.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Dimittite eum non cognovit

2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Keenan told me that leaving the Steelers was the hardest decision he ever had to make because he loved and respected Tomlin so much. The business side of the NFL can be harsh.

He did, however, complain about the state of disrepair of the training facility. Something about the padding on the weight benches being held together with duct tape.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I know Mike Tomlin, he told me he's disappointed with the haters here, said they never change their game plan and everyone knows whats coming, and they don't make adjustments. Said the haters on the Ravens board are much better prepared and the haters here only win with Cowhers haters.

4. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    My father and Dan Roomey are friends. Dan told him that Bill Cowher was a puppet head coach

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    I went to the same school with the Rooneys and Kevin Colbert. They never told me anything.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    One time in band camp....

Someone called for Tomlin to be fired.

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Nobody considers Colbert a dunce now, I don't know where you came up with that crap. Colbert is one of the best GMs in the league, yeah Cowher was so smart he didn't even want to draft Big Ben :facepalm: he wanted to draft OL Stacy Andrews. Let's also not forget he drafted Jamain Stephens in the first round a bust.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They beat the Jets and Fitzpatrick, who was shut down in the second half.

9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Your argument is weak Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer weren't franchise QBs and they won Super Bowls so stop making excuses for Cowher's shortcomings.

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm confused. Did Cowher do the drafting or did the GM?

11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I was just playing along with the trolls, they give Cowher all the credit for drafting all those great players even though he worked with two good GMs. I think Cowher got more say so in personnel after he forced out Donahoe.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I know, I was just giving you some ****.
    I just hate that we have to trash Cower just to justify Tomlin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes I know we did but Fitz came into this game with 9 int's Steelers D vs him none. I also understand we shut him down but he did go 25/38 which I feel is pretty good numbers. Add in that our offense was our best defense cause we had the ball like 11-12 min in the 4th quarter alone. IMO our defense plays soft and can't cover, this bend don't break zone crap stinks.

14. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Keenan told me that the In Living Color set was the hardest to work with
    you know with family and all
    but
    Jim Carrey was the most difficult because he was Canandadian and all
    Way too polite eh
    but it was the work they put into trying to get John Leguizamo to come to them from the show House of Buggin was the most trying.
    The J Lo fly girl was a bright side to it all
    but Homey don't play that

THANKS TOMLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. DwarfToss

DwarfToss Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2016
    The myth is that Shawn Andrews was Cowher's guy, and Rooney since corrected the record. That whole thing started with something he wrote in his memoirs.

16. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    My fathers-mothers-aunts-cousins-brothers-uncles-step fathers dad twice removed-brothers-fathers-sister, told me.............oh crap I forgot!!!! Go Steelers whoever is coaching & playing! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  17. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    On the seventh day as the Lord rested and I sat at his right hand, I looked over a saw a beautiful spot and I said to him " Yinz should put two Rivers joining and forming a third in that space because it would be the perfect place to build a city.

And he said unto me " YINZ is right that can be dawntawn and we will play football there. But over there and he pointed to the horizon shall be a city of sin and vice and I will be forced to destroy it be storm and flood but a young man will come from there and he will hate Mike Tomlin.

"MIKE who?"

"Exactly."

Book of Josh chapter 8 verse 3

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Link? Its not a myth but I'd sure like to see anything countering it since I never have.

I seriously doubt that, A) Rooney was lying or B) Was not aware of what was happening with his own team while in the War Room.

19. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I hate to call you out, but I was washing the Holy Father's hallowed feet with fragrant oils and my hair at the time. I overhead everything. You may have had the idea for the watery triangle, but the Supreme Being caused to be added the closed-down mills, the Primanti Brothers, His righteous Terrible Towel, 'n 'at. And after He created that city of immorality and corruption, He surveyed it and said unto them, "Yinz are all jagoffs."

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Wrong.

Cowher wanted Rivers. He did not think Ben was on the same level as Eli and Rivers. Andrews was the 2nd option. The one where they didn't get Rivers, so would stick with Maddox and protect him better with Andrews.

Cowher wanted a QB. That's the record that Rooney corrected.
    Cowher just didn't want Ben.

The Steelers actually had a trade in place with the Lions, if Rivers fell to #6. They backed out of the trade after the Eli/Rivers trade.

21. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    1) I don't hate Tomlin. I just think he's a bad coach and 2) I have no reason to lie. Like I said I kind of believe it because they guy told me way beforehand they were both leaving. I remember being mad Lewis did and asked why and obviously playing in his hometown was one thing but he said he didn't like Tomlin. 3) Keenan Lewis would take a job from anybody in the NFL so him wanting to comeback to the Steelers means nothing.

22. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Mike Tomlin is a middle of the pack head coach. Certainly not at the level of a Belichick, McCarthy, but not as bad as a Pagano, Gus Bradley.

23. steeler guru

steeler guru Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2015
    This might be off the wall, but I have to listen to all the Steeler games on the radio because I live in Sturgis S.D.
    Every week the announcers talk about how tired the defense looks, and they say the offense really needs to sustain a drive to give them a blow.
    When I do get to see a Steeler game, they don't look like a very muscular team, in fact, they look soft.
    Pittsburgh substitutes a lot, as does most NFL teams. There is no reason, other than poor conditioning habits, for a defense to be playing tired.

I know that when you work out hard and see results, it makes you feel damn near invincible, and some jogging on a track and running some sprints are good, running on a tread mill not so much.

The Steelers look like guys that don't work hard with the iron, and they look like teadmill runners to me.

Tomlin should see that, and take steps to make them stronger and faster.

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah totally agree! James Harrison looks weak and so does Bell and Brown.

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

[​IMG]