1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Colin Cowherd Saying Tomlin is hurting Steelers..

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Nafsteelers, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2016
    We do poor in drafting DB's that is all not to shabby at the rest. That being said how many great DB's have came from the recent draft classes. Not too many Revis' out there nowadays.

2. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    most coaches do. suspensions is all that matters. what good does it do for a coach to not play the best players if available? they lose games and lose their jobs. its a no win situation. that's why not everyone can coach and tomlin, while he isn't the best, is among them

3. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2016
    real good

4. DwarfToss

DwarfToss Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2016
    You guys use propaganda spewed by the mainstream Pittsburgh media. The Steelers are an underachieving, sloppy, undisciplined, inconsistent team.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think this is a big part of it. Ben seems to play poorly on the road, and two or three times a season is just out of sync. I think that is a big part of our inconsistency. I know the goal is 30 points a game, but I wish it was closer to 30 all the time rather than 45 sometimes and 10 the other. I love his risk taking and scrambling, and he is a great quarterback, but consistent he is not. Factor in his age and injuries, we are likely on a roller coaster ride for the next few years, and that has little to do with Tomlin. Tomlin does make some weird in-game decisions, and coaching by his gut makes me think his gut is a bit out of whack, but he is better than most other options.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Is anyone else turned on by this?

No? Just me? Alrighty then, carry on.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Nothing but FACTS! Something Cowherd probably doesn't know that really drives his point home is Tomlin was a DB coach for 7 years and for how many years now have we had one of the worst secondaries in the league? What does Tomlin do? What "coaching" does he bring to the table? 9 years and never had an above average or average secondary. He's a bad coach.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Clive's thoughts...

thatsmy.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

On that pick play warner expected 92 to blitz but instead JH dropped back in coverage, here it is in video in Harrisons own words with Haley crying over spilt milk:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/1...n-look-back-at-super-bowl-xliii-interception/

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The secondary was above average when Ike Taylor, Ryan Clark, and Polamalu were playing. Clark and Polamalu made the Pro Bowl, Polamalu also won DPOY keep ignoring the facts.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Also Troy is going to the Hall of Fame. But anyway.

12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Impressive this thread is still ongoing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SteelersForLife

SteelersForLife Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Bump

• Like Like x 2
  14. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    What would it take for Tomlin to get fired? I'm not going out of my way to wish a man loses his job. I am simply asking.

15. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    Getting caught selling weed to Bryant and Bell.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If the Steelers went 4-12 or 5-11 for the next 2 seasons in 2017 and 2018, his contract ends after the 2018 season.

17. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Yes but the times when you expect him to make those gutsy calls he does not. Case in point. 4th and 2 and attempt a 52 yard FG? Most fans would agree and pundits alike it was a call that had little chance of success

18. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I really do agree with you. i wanted him to go for it as well. If we don't get it the game is over. He wasn't ready to take that chance. He does run off his gut. Maybe he felt something on the sideline and chose that over logic. Fans cheer; players play; coaches coach.

• Like Like x 1
  19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    This. I've finally accepted we are a bad team

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Do you really believe that? A bad team? KC just won in Indy by 2 TDs with a backup QB and no Jamaal Charles. We beat them by 30 with their QB and Charles playing. I have to ask - if we're a bad team, isn't everyone in the AFC but New England bad as well?

We're a heavily injured team right now. Several key players missed all or most of our recent losses. That's a fact. You may want to keep away from ledges until we get healthy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You really are Reel Steel, I've always believed that :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    We are not a bad team. But we are somewhat unfocused, undisciplined and (seemingly) unprepared at times.

23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I've been asking myself... what was worse? Cowher losing 4 AFC championship games at home and his two 6-10 seasons or Tomlin's consistent losing to inferior teams. At this point... I say it's tied. I used to give Tomlin the benefit of the doubt, since he never had horrific losing seasons like Cowher did, but it's evened out now.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  24. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I know one thing this thread has gone on long enough, I don't care right now if Tomlin is a good or bad coach all I know is it is Raven's week so..........................

:herewego!::herewego!::herewego!::herewego!::herewego!::herewego!::herewego!:

• Like Like x 3
  25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    At one time a couple of years ago, I was harping on the "losing to inferior teams" issue. However, a significant number of those losses happened in 2012 and 2013 when we were 8-8. The more I've reflected, the more I realize that we really weren't a good team playing down to bad competition, but rather we were a mediocre team (legitimately a .500 roster) that was just not very good. I think the reality of the situation is that we weren't much better than many of those teams.

Now, I still get a bit steamed about the 2014 loss to Tampa and (especially) the loss to the Ravens last December. In my mind those games were inexcusable, especially the Ravens game given what it meant to us and their state of the roster at the time. The 2014 Jet game I kind of get because we were coming off of 3 straight big wins vs. playoff teams, and we were ripe for that kind of road letdown (it happens to all NFL teams regularly). The Dolphin game this season was clearly the result of injuries first and foremost in my view, and I think it takes big-time blinders to not see that.

So, what I'm saying is that I just don't see enough instances of us playing down to "inferior" teams to say that it's anything beyond what other well-coached teams experience. For 2 years we kind of were an inferior team.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1