1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold storage for Watt, and other "bad fan" ideas.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by WattDaHell, Oct 30, 2022.

1. WattDaHell

WattDaHell Member

Sep 18, 2022
    In my 37 years of being a Steelers fan I've never even had to think like this but the best thing we can do is tank time and protect the goods. Not intentionally of course, anyway our sorry ass head coach is so delusional, stubborn, stupid etc. that he probably still thinks we're going to the super bowl.
    First and this a REALLY long shot but obviously the best result would be getting Tomlin out. That would require at least 14 losses, and Canada has to go this week. Make no mistake it's not loyalty as to why Tomlin is hanging onto him, he knows the coddling, ball washing Media will give him a 100 percent reset once he fires the O.C. So ideally Tomlin wants him to last the season. So best outcome for our future?Fire Canada this week,
    Keep losing, get that very rare top 4 draft pick. I wouldn't play T.J. Watt again this season, there is nothing to be gained from it.
    Anyone else agree? Hey I'm not proud of wishing for this, but It makes the most sense.

• Disagree Disagree x 9
  2. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    The idea if shelving our stars so they don't get injured is indeed a bad idea in my eyes.

For one thing, they are getting paid a fortune to do a job. So if they're able they should do it.

It also sends a horrible message to the rest of the team. If you expect them to play to win, you can't make the case with a straight face if you're sitting healthy players for next year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If You're healthy You play...
    If You play a game You play to win. Anything else is not only dumb, but stupid. You can get injured in practice, and has happened every year for every freaking team....So why would anyone with half a brain hold a player that is healthy out???

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. WattDaHell

WattDaHell Member

Sep 18, 2022
    I can't even argue that point, and as I said I have never been in favor of it before. With Watt it's just that he's so injury prone, he's one of two absolute all all pro players we have. Anyway as I said the team would never actually intend to do this really, we ain't the Colts or Dolphins. It's just what I shamefully hope happens. I don't believe Watt will be near 100 percent this season anyway, so you could legitimately sit him.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You are living in a fantasy land. Tomlin will not be fired if he has his 1st losing season in 15yrs. Healthy starters will not sit, outside of a playoff bound team in the last week, just to save them from injury.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Watt is injury prone? This is his 6th year in the NFL. In the previous 5yrs, he has missed 3 games due to injury. Thats 3 missed games out of a possible 81. 1 game in his rookie year and 2 games last year.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This:this!:

8. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Let TJ sit no sense getting him injured for the long haul oh wait he will probably be hurt again anyway does anyone notice when a player plays real hard he gets injured maybe if everyone would play harder just a little .1 man might not kill himself trying to do it all

• Like Like x 1
  9. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I can see it now, Watt sits rest of season, gets hurt in 3rd game next season and all the people that wanted him to sit this season will be saying, he should have played last season to get back in routine.

do you all not realize if Watt wasn’t injured we could very well be 4-2 maybe 5-1?

So when he comes back back we could very well go on a 8-9 winning streak. (Well if Canada is gone anyways)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Sit TJ for the rest of the year to protect him? Tank for a better pick? Fire Canada???? Revolutionary ideas. Revolutionary, I say!! Why didn't anyone else think of this? Genius......

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Fans pay a lot of money to go to the home games, yeah let's sit some players and tank :facepalm:.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. WattDaHell

WattDaHell Member

Sep 18, 2022
    Uh I never claimed these were even original ideas, much less genius douche bag. I even put in the post headline that they were "bad fan" wishes for the greater long term good. I hate to lose but all you fans that would rather have a .500 season and a meh draft pick rather than one terrible season and possibly all time great player are of course right. You will get your wish because that slug coach had the right QB to drag his lame ass to super bowls. We are NEVER going back with Tomlin.

13. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I find ideas like this baffling. Does a manufacturer shut down their best machine just to avoid having it malfunction? Do you honestly believe these owners spend millions upon millions of dollars just to have the opportunity to win a trophy and a ring? The primary function of the Steelers or any team for that matter is that of a product. With that in mind, it then follows that more revenue will be generated when it fields the best version of the product.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I just can’t imaging any fan would wanna sit on Sundays and root for their team to lose just to get a draft pick that may or may not work out and not a fix to the problem.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    ...and you couldn't have chosen one of the other 100 or so "everything is Tomlin's fault" threads to put your brilliant ideas?
    I will agree that you are a genius douchebag!

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    So you started a deliberately stupid post and had the tiny little balls to call someone else a douche bag

A look at me post for someone seeking attention

:facepalm:

I only gave you a facepalm because we don’t have a dumbass button (yet)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    While I agree with keeping Watt out the rest of the season and firing Canada. This franchise is going to be playing the price for awhile for not rebuilding earlier.

18. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Now while I agree with this for sure ,,my big question is what do we consider healthy ? Is that the normal you are 80 % so lace um up or 90 % or should guys be shelved until they are closer to 100 % ? I lean towards the premise of the OP if not near 100 then why beat and bang them up ? Give the young cats and the bu's a chance to earn a future check , I think the Coach can sell that ..

I know if it was me I would not want to shorten my career with a for sure lost season,, unless it was strictly for the love of the game meanwhile knowing that the game doesn't love you.. Just something to ponder..

• Like Like x 1
  19. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Steelers getting first pick wont help we need a whole new team we will definitely be on hard knocks is that what Tomlin and players wanted wow we are tv stars

20. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    A fix to the problem is better talent. Better evaluation of talent. And better coaching. Higher draft selection would be across the rounds. They need better talent especially on the offensive and defensive lines. And that's just a start.

Canada has to go.

As far as them tanking as some mentioned they don't have to. They are just not that good.

• Like Like x 1
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I see the OP came

Got attention

Apparently didn’t like the adoration

Got his butt banned

All in a couple of hours

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  24. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Who the hell would pay money to see this team play football this season?

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    People who love and support their team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1