1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Colbert might have done something stupid... Cam Sutton mad/possibly traded

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Oct 28, 2020.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If Dallas is releasing him, it's obvious he isn't any good.

2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Coaches usually single out the star player to set the example. ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    There isn’t a useful post here. Is that your goal or are you incapable. It’s ok, we welcome all even the challenged.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Hopefully this BS about trading Sutton is over.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You need to clarify that with SDOT, he’s running for moderator on the “Make this board great again” ticket.

Just saying.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Most of the Tomlin haters have relented with our recent success. They know they got nothing so they’ve whimpered away.
    The fact that this guy hasn’t given in just goes to show it’s not really about what’s best for the team. It’s a selfish hatred of an individual.
    its glaring and become comical. Pretty much lost all credibility.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    10 years since the last Super Bowl appearance, embarrassing playoff exits. Tomlin was the coach I believe.

This isn't a hate Tomlin response and I believe he has a different approach this season and it is positive right now and I hope it continues.

But, I have been on the record of critiquing Ol Popcorn as he should have been at times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    WTF.png

9. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Argue any point you like. Just don't insult the person you're arguing with. :)

10. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    You're too kind. Spot on, but too kind. :drinks:

11. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Flog yourself all you like. :roflmao:

12. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Let’s turn this into a TOMLIN thread. He’s doing a pretty good job so far. Big matchup with Harbraugh this weekend. I know Harbraugh only has a few more wins head to head but we have had Ben and they have had Flacco or worse.

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    No they are giving up and letting vets who they couldn't get a trade for go and letting them try to find work with a contender. Poe at the vet minimum is a great insurance policy if either DE is injured and Alualu needs to play end.

14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I see gray areas here. I can live with that.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  15. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Thanks for the clearance cRayrence... Had to bust up the monotony

• Like Like x 1
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Of course. Nothing wrong with Criticism. Heck I wanted Tomlin gone two years ago. It’s when the criticism is so over the top that it goes well beyond opinion and is non factual and in some cases flat out lies.
    Some people let their disdain for Tomlin override their brains ability to process rational thought.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Most of the Tomlin apologists have peacocked due to our recent success. They know they've had nothing so they're now coming out of the woodwork.
    The fact that this guy hasn't given in just shows it's not really about what's best for the team. It's a selfish obsession with an individual. It's glaring and has become comical. Pretty much lost all credibility.

See? It goes both ways. You and your little buddy feel free to facepalm away. Give yourselves an extra hard smack from me.

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You missed the part where I’ve stated I wanted to move on from Tomlin a couple years ago. I’m not a Tomlin apologist. If he does something I don’t agree with I’ll voice my opinion and criticism.
    I don’t live to defend Tomlin or to think he’s perfect and can do no wrong. Some of the criticism of Tomlin by some is simply not based in reality. It’s based in some people’s hatred and the fact that they can’t get the satisfaction of seeing him fired.

You’re not fooling me though as I’ve read enough of your posts regarding Tomlin to know that your just playing nice and just waiting for him to mess up so you can go back to your normal.

• Like Like x 3
  19. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I too was fine with him getting on down the road at various times... He ain't going nowhere and maybe that's not that bad of a reality currently. His players love him and that's a plus honestly. I still can't stand his niche for the loyalty to schemes and personnel or certain players but even that seems to be changing bit by bit... He just may be evolving and I can dig that moving forward.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I responded to you, but wasn't directing that to you. My issue is with your lumping anyone who criticizes Tomlin into a basket of deplorables. It goes both ways.

And I'm just playing nice? When have I EVER been nice? And I don't have to wait for him to mess up. I've got better things to do. I've given him credit numerous times. You haven't seen that because you don't want to. It's stupid. You sit there at your keyboard and convince yourself that I have been a diehard fan of the Steelers for over 40 years just so I can wait for the least tenured coach in my lifetime to mess up. That's what I've been waiting for. To complain about a coach. That's me as a fan. I must have hated being a fan through the first 5 superbowls, right? That's probably why I got into coaching myself, just so that I could justify complaining about one coach. Can you not see how ridiculous that sounds?

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You know what. Valid points.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Thank you for taking the time out of your life to do this. :lolol: There's truth in some of those if you like it or not. For the others, you need a personality and a sense of humor to understand, you can ignore those ;)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That's the part that gets me. The idea that I would want the Steelers to lose for any reason. I've been accused (on this board, multiple times) of wanting the Steelers to lose 'so I could be right'.
    Yes, I want the team I've spent my entire life rooting for to lose so I can come to this message board and tell a bunch of kooks/strangers 'I was right'.o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Maybe not yourself, but I think there are some who’s stubbornness and pride would allow that.

25. leonartist

leonartist Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Where's Justin Lane? he should ready to move up to the big leagues by now...