1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Coaching

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    This looks better:

[​IMG]

2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Yup, they cheated. Yet the Lombardis remain in their trophy case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I couldn't agree more. I like to imagine how much better it would look with the 2 or 3 more that should have been amassed over the last 9 seasons.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Remind me of Belicheat's blunder. I remember Brady's fumble as the critical play. Even with that, Gronk could have scored 6 on the last play of the game.

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Multiple mistakes. Use Google.

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Vince said we are playing a lot of man coverage and it came about because of Tom Bradley. We were second in zone coverage in the league last year and first the year before. Remember the problem against NE in the championship game. Our DC even acknowledged that after that season, yet we then went to zone man concept last year which was complicated. It was still a zone scheme so not much changed even though it caused us trouble and we knew it. Going from first most zone to second most is not a big change. Butler and MT and lake basically changed nothing and put a more confusing defense in with many young players playing it. What the heck?

I hope we are not done with the defensive coaching changes, including the head defensive coach. I have said it for a long time that changes needed to happen because of all the zone coaches we had. The same guys that played in a zone scheme as well. That's what these guys know/knew. Bradley taught it in college but has enough knowledge to teach a true man concept as well. Worst case scenario to me is our two new coaches make butler look good and we keep him when he didn't have the knowledge to change what he knew didn't work and retarded this team. This move cost us at least a year with Ben at the helm. I hope it works this year because the clock is ticking. Sorry about the rant but man this burns my behind. Do you think the defensive staff has been a huge mistake. Finally we may see some real insight. FKBHTBNaTOaPWH.

Fire Keith butler hire Tom Bradley now and take olsavsky and Porter with him. I liked you guys as players but I don't think you are what we need as coaches. Rant over.:smiley1::cool:

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’ll get back to you in February.

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Football is really an easy game, can you beat the man across from you? I am a man to man guy, always have always will be.
    These DB's today that don't know where the ball is or find the ball is totally baffling to me. Find the ball, make a play on the ball.