1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

coaching staff

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Feb 23, 2017.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Expected as much with no news by now. Teams like to have their staff set by the time the combine starts.

Hope there is no friction between Haley and Ben.

Wasn't worried Mann would retire, not this close to a championship. Knew he'd be back.

Smith is probably the biggest surprise. ST coach is usually the one to get the ax and there was plenty of reason for him to get the ax.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    yea, very happy about mann with this group of young wr's we have. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Let's hope not Blast. Ben had mentioned he just calls the plays sent in with a dry statement. I thought he had the green light to change at the line. Maybe their is a bit o friction, maybe a bit to much run game for Ben. The whole retirement thing came out of left field.

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I hear a squeaky noise in the background.

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    those are james harrisons joints. :smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Idk, but it seems to me that the Steelers often get 'out coached' in meaningful games. Isn't some adjustment in the coaching staff warranted? I hate Belecheat as much as anyone. Yet imo his success is PRIMARILY due to the fact that he prepares his team and coaches games to NOT make stupid mistakes. How is it that in the NFL with all of this money and attention that there is only ONE coach and One organization that can grasp this concept. The Raiders are talented but commit 100 yards of penalties a game. Seattle would have a super bowl ring if they simply gave the ball to the Beast for a one foot run instead of passing (ask Kordell how well that works). The Falcons would have a super bowl ring, but kicking a game winning field goal made too much sense. So instead taking a twelve yard loss and falling out of field goal range was preferred. I hate Belecheat, but he is the ONLY coach in the league not stupid enough to make those types of idiotic calls.