1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Coaching changes after the season.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jsteelers077, Nov 7, 2011.

1. jsteelers077

jsteelers077 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Listen guys i truly hope this is Arians last season with the steelers i'm so sick of this guy it's killing me. I also think Old dick should hang it up i love this guy has much has all of you do but we need some fresh young coaches around here. I hope tomlin has it in him to make it happen. Do any of you know of any coaches that you would consider for the job or jobs.

2. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
  3. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Arians needs to go. Lebeau is fine, he just needs to be more flexible. The Pats game showed that we have the ability to shut down a great team, he just needs to be open to adjusting, especially at half time. It seems like we are terrible at halftime adjustments on both sides of the ball.

4. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    It's no secret that most of us want Arians gone, and wanted it to happen 3 or 4 years ago. What doesn't get much discussion is who we replace him with. My vote has been and will be for Paul Chryst, the OC at Wisconsin. He runs a VERY balanced offense perfect for the midwestern slop weather that they play in, and now that he has a competent QB they put up 30-40 points regularly. He understands the running game and knows how to attack with the passing game. However, I'm beginning to think that our OC is just a puppet, as our offense (heck, our team) lives and dies by the play of our QB.

IF LeBeau leaves, I'd hand the job to Butler.

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I thought it was a very telling statement for Dierdorff to make during the Arizona game about how much Ben chaffed under WhIz's leadership when he was the OC. If I heard the statement right there was alot of friction because of what Ben wanted and what Whiz's response was. He basically said stuff you aren't in charge and we will run what I want to run or something like that. Which is why he was surprised when Ben invited him to his wedding since he thought Ben harbored some ill will about those years. I think is basically let you know that Ben wanted some one like Arians who gives him what he wants but still respected Whiz and knew he was doing right by the whole team at that time. I think that is one huge problem for the team right now. No one wants to say no to Ben or force him like Whiz did to play with in an overall game plan instead of sandlot ball. So whoever they get is going to have to pass the Ben test and which means the air it out days could continue even after BA retires.