1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Coach Tomlin will have his team ready and prepped for the Chargers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Anyone feel this is how out coaches approach game planning? Tomlin is more the “we are going to do what we do” game planner.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    uh no. if they did that we would see better results. They try and establish nothing. Well not the run anyway. 1st and goal from the five in the rain and cold we throw 3 straight passes. I'm not impressed with this coaching staff or for the most part the personnel they have accumulated.. I may be a tad pessimistic but I think we finish with a losing record this year. Sorry to be so negative

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He made a Great J. Jonah Jameson , and now Farmer Insurance commercials.

4. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    one of the best doesn't leave a lot of room to really take you to task over. I think he's in the top10 at least but that's as far as I go

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Benny attended a seminar recently................[​IMG]. And it's working. :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  6. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Not even close, as you said, "we do what we do against nameless, gray faces". It's why you rarely see the Steelers scheme guys wide open - just line up and beat your man. If you get hurt, Next Man Up will line up and try to beat your man, and likely fail because he's a backup for a reason, and then Rooney will give Tomlin a pass "cuz injuries, n'at".

Rinse, repeat.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
  8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Not really. It could be that it may not be so much the message as it is the messenger. JMO>

• Like Like x 1
  9. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Did you forget the green font in your question? Second sentence I agree with big time. I would think that mentioning anything critical about MT gets adverse reactions around here. JMO>

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It was rhetorical. The second sentence was supposed to make that clear.

There is a reason Belechick is thought of as the best in the league. There was a special on the Cleveland Browns once, part of it covered Belechicks preparations for each game and what he demands of his assistant coaches. The guy is insane. Thorough doesn’t begin to describe him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Agreed. I Liked How they talked about Him and Bill Cowher sharing knowledge When they were both coming up....about DB, and LBs in what 2 look at , and How 2 coach them because one was good at one, and one was good at the other.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    When I watch the Pats it is evident, even if they don't always win. Every single guy is laser focussed on his job, there is an economy of motion that's beautiful to behold, and they look inspired to play.

That's exactly what Noll was talking about when he said you motivate a player by preparing him to do his job as well as he can. That's how you get confident, motivated players.

Smash cut to the Ben throwing his hands up in a WTF manner at the sideline after he hands off into a 13-man front for a 3-yard loss.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Yes, I know and I should have put my 1st sentence in green font questioning your 1st sentence not being in a green font. Its all good. And your assessment of the Cheater is spot on and he is the quintessential example of what a NFL HC needs to be to win. Of course minus the cheating and I still hate his ass just because its in my SOP for those not part of the Steelers. JMO>

14. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Unless your name is Belichick all head coaches need to go at some point. It's almost inevitable. I think Tomlin has had a good run but because of his penchant for having really poor coordinators around him it's probably time for him to be shown the door. With his three year extension the steelers' brass has thrown in with him for at least another three years. We will not see a superbowl again with him as head coach. His staff is horrendous. So on we go with the status quo! See what I did there????

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Do they play football there?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    If Tomlin is regarded as one of the best in the NFL.That’s not saying much about the NFL. He won’t make a pimple on a good coaches A**.

17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I an old perv and I think I'm turned on by the cartoon girl. Love the shoulder dip. Let's face it Mojave you know you'd like a threesome with Blondie and her daughter:) Pretty sure you could kick Dagwoods butt.

18. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Meanwhile the hated Ravens will be without Lamar Jackson...which means they will lose!

By tonight the Steelers will be in 1st place in the AFC North!

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Don’t you already have a thread declaring victory?

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    By the way Troll alert

21. Benny Lava

Sep 16, 2019
    Yes, but that was made before Big Ben was back. Now that Big Ben is back we win Big! And even better no Lamar Jackson for the Ravens!

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Whatever Troll

23. Benny Lava

Sep 16, 2019
    What part of my post do you disagree with? Certainly SteelerGlenn is predicting a Steelers victory too.

24. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    It took a very long time but I finally agree with Benny Lava.
    Ben will have a good game. He's going to need to with how banged up our defense is.

25. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    And I was just trying to depict the innocent and quite optimistic Halley Mills but this image looked a bit more contemporary. Glad it warmed your cockles there SM. ;)