1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Coach T

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Terrible Towelie, Oct 14, 2017.

1. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    You can’t honestly say that the only reason we beat KC was due to ability, not coaching.

2. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    Yes, my agenda is to see the Steelers win a Super Bowl. What are you talking about?

3. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I don’t know that they are better, with help from video and apparently someone in the New York review booth I guess they can win. Did you see them pick that flag up for defenseless receiver? #fixed

4. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    You are absolutely correct, he is a fine coach with the body of work to prove it. It’s sad that people with a lack of any football knowledge or common sense make disparaging comments that are baseless.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Beating good teams has never been a problem. It's been beating bad teams that's been the issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. swann_88

swann_88 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I forget who said it
    good coaching is putting good players in the best position to succeed
    like James coming in to get a sack on the biggest play of the game

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Im not doubting that he wanted to come here I was questioning your timeline. Montana/NO were drafted in different decades.

8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    My timeline is spot on... I didn't allude to nor adopt the theory that Cowher could've drafted either or as did the OP
    My timeline? Neither were available and both established QB's longtime e running.

Kind of fits hat in hand with folks saying Bree's is a good stop gap if Ben hangs it up.

What happened here is a message started by someone whom didn't know the history...

Pitt should've taken Marino but it didn't happen, rest is history.

Pitt should've brought in Montana over O Donnell... A band aid yes but upgrade? Without a doubt.

Nelly had fresh ink on a jets contract before he threw/ **** the bed against Dallas XXX

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Well, you left it hanging when I pointed out that maybe you were referring to when Montana was traded. A simple yes would have cleared up the confusion :lolol:

I dont remember him seeking to come here when 49ers were shopping him but no way Steelers would have ponied up for him. They werent even retaining their own FA's then.

10. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Hahahahahaha... Profs in the pudding sorry if I muddied waters but yes king Joe wanted to come here. The FO was happy with King Neill who was about as serviceable att
    That point as was a bandaid Halll of fame QB for 3 years IMO

• Like Like x 1
  11. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    Kind of like making disparaging comments about others based on their opinions about a sports team. Marv Levy was a fine coach with the body of work to prove it also... it still didn’t bring Super Bowl wins to Buffalo.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    So you would have fired Levy? No that’s the point here. Consoder that five current coaches have SB appearances. Three have multiple appearances, and Coach Tomlin is one of them. His winning percentage, playoff appearance record, draft history and championship speaks for itself.

13. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    And what was it Tomlin said when addressing Parker’s talk of not getting enough carries? Everyday I walk by 6 Lombardi trophies, not 6 rushing titles. His winning percentage and playoff appearance record ( Marvin Lewis?) is not the end game, and should be judged the same way. As for his championship, his is the same caliber of Barry Switzers; he was handed a championship ready team. As for drafting, not sure if the blame/ bragging rights go to him or Colbert. But I would be hard pressed to say that their percentage of NFL caliber player vs busts is anything but middle of the pack in the NFL.