1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Coach T Says Ryan Clark Will Not Play In Denver

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Jan 3, 2012.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Listening to the Tomlin presser right now ~ Ryan Clark will not be playing in Denver. So, that answers that...don't shoot the messenger. :tomato:

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I think most of us saw this coming. Better to err on the side of caution here.

3. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think he was cleared by the Dr.'s so this is strictly Tomlin's decision. I am completely fine with it....no way do I want someone's life to be risked for a football game. :thumbs_up:

4. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I prefer Clark sit. I listened to Bob Labriola on Talking Steelers Football (01/02/2012), and after hearing how serious Clark's situation was in 2007 in Denver, I'm fine with him not playing. I'd prefer his health be considered, first.

5. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yes, I knew this was coming. I said that Tomlin shouldn't let Clark play. Its all good, they can win without him. If they can't beat the Broncos, then they should not be in the playoffs. Its time for the Steelers to show up now, no more excuses, and no more bad games. There can only be 4 games left for them and they need to lay it all on the line. Its on Tomlin's shoulders. He should insure that Lebeau and especially Bruce Arians are on top of there game. He should not let Arians come out with a stupid game plan in these playoffs.

The fact is that they will have to come with there "A" game in these playoffs. I don't think they can play that helter skelter game that they have played all year, especially as a wildcard and playing at Baltimore and New England, and thats the bottom line.

6. Still Exiled

Still Exiled Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Tomlin is doing the right thing with Clark and I respect him for it.

We will miss Clark's hitting, but Mundy is a capable replacement. Fortunately Denver's deep passing game is not much of a threat. I'd much rather have a healthy (and rested) Clark for the Divisional round.

Overall the injury report could be worse. If Woodley and Legurski can come back and play near 100% it's a big bonus for the Steelers.

7. CaBurghfan

CaBurghfan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, and you all jumped on me saying that he'd play, he was cleared, yadda yadda yadda..... :roll:

8. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    As he shouldn't. Said he is making trip tho, which is a pointless risk to take given the coniditon. I am sure he'll drink plenty of fluids and have a supply of O2 if needed but still, not worth it for him to even go IMO.

9. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Good job coach it shows he cares about the men and nOt only the W

10. lostyank

lostyank Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Dang. Not surprising, though. The STANDARD is the STANDARD as Tomlin likes to say. Mundy, or whoever, needs to step up.

11. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We dont need RC out there against Denver anyway. We will crush them without RC.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Good, not worth the risk, should be fine without him, facing Tebow, not Brady.

13. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Agree with all the comments about Clark's health being more important. Plus I'm more worried about scoring points against Denver than stopping their offense. Could be a real low scoring game. Going out on a limb here but par for the course, we win 16 - 9 in a mostly ugly game.

:FBAI!:

14. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    He has zero risk being there. Its the excertion and physical strain in high altitude thin air that causes issues with his blood. Tomlin said Clark is a good communicator and may have a future in coaching someday and he'll get his test on the sidelines Sunday. Quite sure he'll be next to Lake and in Mundys ear on the sidelines.

Cajun-

15. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Woodley?
    Is he any healthier?

16. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm a bit surprised. The doctors said he was medically fine to play and what happened last time absolutely would not happen again. I figured if the docs cleared him, so would Tomlin.

17. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ryan Clark's health is more important than a football game.He will be missed.Hopefully,We don't miss a beat. GO STEELERS!!

18. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    All jumped on you??? I think everyone, including myself, was just saying he was cleared to play and if he didnt, it was Tomlin's decision. It wasnt a personal attack on you.. Geez. :roll:

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Docs aren't always right. Is a football game worth a mans life?