1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

coach openings

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by darcrav, Jan 2, 2017.

1. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    chip kelly will be back at oregon in no time.

2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    How many Gm's have you ever seen wearing head phones? LOL Real GM's Know football inside out,
    most of them including Kevin Colbert watch practices on a daily basis. I am not disputing John Elway's knowledge,
    I am disputing will he be a meddlesome owner/GM. I think he is Dan Snyder that knows football.

3. steeler guru

steeler guru Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2015

ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS! Elway might be the ONLY GM that would wear headphones. Most GM's, except Elway, don't know the playbook, and they wouldn't know what to watch for it they heard the play call.
    GM's are business people first.
    A GM should be meddlesome, an Owner should not be, but it is his investment, so he should be able to meddle if he wants to, BUT OWNERS HIRE GM'S LIKE ELWAY TO DO THEIR MEDDLING. EVERY GM MEDDLES, SO THE OWNER DOESN'T HAVE TO - ITS HIS JOB TO MEDDLE.!

4. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I have some ocean front property I would like to sell you in Arizona.

5. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    And you know John Elway is gonna take all the credit.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. steeler guru

Feb 28, 2015
    No thanks, I got a River-Front Squirrel Ranch operation for sale in the Squirrel Hill area in Pittsburgh. We breed the fattest, plumpest, juiciest squirrels in the Burg.
    Maybe we can work a deal if you throw in some cash, how many acres are we talkin?

7. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I might be interested if it was in Bloomfield, next to Tessarios. I have about 5000 acres for you cut you a great deal.

8. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    steeler guru}
    Jim Schwartz is a quality coach, and Buffalo would be a good fit for him. Buffalo went 8-8 and could have gone 10-6 easily, so he has something to work with.

He was a terrible head coach at detroit for 5 years he only won 29 games, he wont be on anyones head coaching list, my best option for a team to coach would be the rams, they have a strong nucleus to work with on defense and a number 1 pick at QB Goff that has no where to go but up, fix the Oline and get their 1st round draft pick running back Gurley on track, and that will come with a better blocking Oline, this team can be much improved in 17 and with the right coaching staff they could be a playoff contender this year..........

9. steeler guru

Feb 28, 2015
    Schwartz inherited an 0-16 team. He drafted Matthew Stafford with his first pick in the draft and started him from game one.
    He took a 0-16 team and made them a winner within 2 or 3 years. They went 10-6 and made the playoffs in 2 or 3 years.
    When Schwartz took over, the lions were a joke. He also went 9-7 in his 5 years there, but there was times Stafford got hurt and they lost games.
    I remember being impressed at how hard and smart the lions played for him.
    I really think that Schwartz could take a 8-8 Buffalo team, and improve them.
    I thought Rex did a great job in Buffalo, and they could have easily made the playoffs if not a a bad bounce or two. They are a team on the rise, and with the right coach they could be in the playoffs for years to come.
    Too bad that Schwartz had to take over an 0-16 team, he left Caldwell a good team to work with. The Lions are a good RB and WR away from a super bowl, in my opinion. I think the Lions and Bills are playoff teams next year.

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    His final year, yes but he was lighting it up until then. Whoever Romo goes to will be lucky to get 5 games from him.

11. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I just don't see Haley on the radar as a guy who already had a shot at HC and wasn't successful. I think there are enough successful coordinators out there who are relatively young and have not been HC's before that teams will look at before a guy like Haley. Munch isn't even an option. Titans really reached on him as HC. He is great coaching the OL and maybe would make a good OC, but he sucked as a HC.

12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    that silver lining benefits us for sure, I hope he stays awhile

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    This is true Knox, some coaches are not meant to be HC. I think Haley and Munch fall into this category. Just be the best position coach/coordinator you can be. Not a bad gig if you can get it. LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Ray Horton is expected to be out of Cleveland. I was never a big fan of his tbh. Browns are reportedly interviewing Gregg Williams of bounty gate fame.

15. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Well wherever Horton lands will be an upgrade. Maybe he could coach my little boy's 6 year flag team? LOL!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    What did Mooch win?

17. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    A few division titles with the niners and a whopping 15-28 record in Detroit.

18. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Gregg Williams hiring by Cleveland is now official for Defensive Coordinator

19. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow you talk about nine lives?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Doug Marrone hired as the Jax Jaguars HC. Tom Coughlin hired as the VP of Football Operations. Don't know much about Marrone tbh, except he had about a .500 record as HC of the Buffalo Bills for a couple years. Seems they pulled the trigger on that decision pretty quick.

21. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Williams is a 4-3 guy too, they've been a 3-4 team past couple years I think.

22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

He was 9-7 in last season in Buffalo. Tom Coughlin as a VP should be interesting.

23. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree Turtle, Wow could have done much better in my opinion. Quick question is Caldwell on the hot seat
    with Coughlin on board now? Caldwell tutored under Bill Polian, he knows his football, just can't seem to hire a good coach?

24. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011