1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Coach K says Haley likes

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PWP, Apr 28, 2012.

1. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You're right, his comment wasn't negative, thankfully. I'm pretty nervous that Ben isn't going to be open to completely overhauling the offence, but it sounds like it's going to happen anyway (and is already is in the works) so I just hope he keeps an open mind and is eager to learn.

I'm also very happy he referred to it like he did, it means it's very, very different than what he had under BA, which to me, is a great thing!

2. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I totally agree with Tomlinera here.

My two cents = I think this team is two seasons from a ring. We will have our top 2 draft picks in position and next years line in position and the offense in the correct direction by the end of the season. I don't think all the parts will fall into place for us to have a good enough record to make a real run. After next years draft with some high D-Back infusions and all the new parts coming together and the this 1st year learning curve on the offense ironed out the 2013 and 2014 seasons will be amazing!!! That is when all parts will be clicking and efficient. This season will be very interesting watching it all come together.

3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ben scored a 25 out of a possible 50.....Rogers scored a 35....So Ben didn't exactly ace the test I am sure a 25 is Coachable......

For the record I took his comments as positive and took him at his word....IMO he didn't understand some things and I do blame BA for that....

At the end of my post I did say Ben would learn and master the system so I do have faith in Ben and most of the blame should be placed on the OC who encouraged the lack of mental development..

4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm hoping for a click on scoring and short yardage this year. I think the offense overall drops some yardage, but delivers more in the redzone.

5. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Some of Bens reluctance is because I feel anyways he does not accept change real well. I read a bit about how he did not seem overly impressed with the pending new schemes and plays and all that is new lol

Oh well he is very talented so we must assume he will catch on and play the way Todd likes it but he must put a strangle hold on his ego

Bman

6. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ben and Arians relationship was too cushy imo. Ben appeared to be allowed to do whatever Ben wanted. It doesn't appear that this trend will continue under Haley and Ben has to deal with that fact now. Of course he'll probably pout at times but the quicker he gets on board with Haley (not saying he hasn't yet. I don't know that) the better off he'll be. Ben seems like the type that needs to have an authority figure keeping him in check. If not Ben becomes.........well, Ben.