1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

CLICK FOR STEELHACK

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by SteelHack, Oct 24, 2016.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Hmm, I'm not certain. You can go to customize under the top right menu and add the "forget" icon to the menu bar. That might be what you're looking for. It looks like a curved back arrow. You just drag what you want from the customize box to where you want it on the toolbar. I have one for new private window which saves a little time.

2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Thanks Chef...Chief. Will try - also just found Control-Shift-Delete erases history without opening/closing browser but it messes up seeing the results after voting. Will try the icon. Out.

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Also noticed that the results today (at least at my end ) don't automatically appear like they did before yesterday after each vote cast. Today I have to click results to see them.

Dragged the "Forget" icon and works well - but it also closes down the TSF page with it - not good - like losing my lifeline. :cry:

Just found the "new private window" icon - that's cool. saves a few steps thanks. Plus I don't lose my TSF lifeline - good show!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Damn - not even sure our votes are being accepted - no validation today - just fades to light then dark in the vote box. Results used to pop up automatically to indicate that vote was cast and accepted. Not Today. Plus their bot seems to be working full time right now. Suggest we rest and sandbag until later. This is very frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I think I hear the fat person singing. Won't be the first time we've been disgraced by the VC. I visualize 86 little kindergartners sitting on a dirt floor in a tent just off the Ho Chi Min Trail pounding away on reconditioned Surface Pro's that were airdropped by NATO. We've been outflanked Lady and gents. Sorry Hack. Parties over. :beathorse:

At the rate these little rugrats are going - they'll be at 99.9% by 11pm EDT. Haven't seen this much damage since the Big One was dropped on Pearl harbor!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    They're basically very lazy but efficient when they need to be - they sure slowed down when we slowed down. #$%^&*(*&^%$#

7. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Just threw 25 votes in (vote total is going up, so must be counting), and it barely made a scratch.

8. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    And just like that, votes aren't counting again. :hmm:

Edit: NVM. Forgot to close last window. Votes still counting.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I was able to vote but nummy is waaaaay ahead now.

The fix is in. :icon bs:

10. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Copy link. Open incognito tab. Paste and go. Vote. Close window. Rinse, repeat. ;)

11. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    /sigh

That's about 100 votes now. Every time I vote, the total count goes up by 2-5 votes. We managed to cut them down to 50.6%, and then in the time it took me to close a window and reopen, they went up 0.2% with 25 more votes counted.

Just can't keep up with the bot.

Edit: and in the time it took me to write this, they went up another .2%

It took 100 votes by me, and I'm sure many others by others to cut them by .4%, and in 3 minutes, they got the lead right back. :frustrated:

12. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Any wannabe hackers want to find the source of their bot and DDOS them? ;)

Kidding, of course. Wouldn't make a difference anyway. And I don't want anyone getting in trouble.

13. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    everytime i voted
    total vote coun t added 3
    no movement from what i could tell percentage wise

YOU BASTARDS!!!!

14. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    I'M GOING TO SET MY ALARM FOR
    scratch that Bill Maher is on so i should be awake

don't even start Mojave :hehehe:

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Used to watch him all the time and sometimes he still gets it right. I'm sure you can multi-task though.

16. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    We'll defend you - do what needs to be done Ray. No problemo!

17. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    hell yeah i can
    if i'm awake
    then again...

18. Guest

Guest Guest

I hope they get DQ'd for using a bot.

I mean, if you're going to cheat, you should do it the old fashioned way like we did. It's only right. :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    At 6:24 pm PDT it's not logging votes - has been stuck at 4191 after I voted 10 times. And it's only logged 8 other votes in last hour or so. So guess that's that. Again, sorry Ms Hack - we coulda been contenda's! :drinks:

20. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    Some one commented on the voting page about it being rigged

the website jumped on them

i want to leave a comment too and tell them how f'd up their poll was and give em a piece of my mind
    but
    i have trouble giving people a hard time about anything
    it's just not in me

i am mad though
    we tried

21. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, I saw that the website slapped her across her fingers. If the website is going to be like that with her for casting only one additional vote, then Nummy should definitely be DQ'd for using a bot. But will they?

Stay tuned.

22. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Just wanted to thank you all for all the work above and beyond. When I talked to my sister....she said most of the contests they enter seem to have some shenanigans involved.

Thank you all

HACK

• Like Like x 2
  23. Guest

Guest Guest

You're welcome, Hack. It was my pleasure. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    No problem Sir. It was fun until it wasn't. Sorry we couldn't deliver for your special Sister and her Hubby. The silver lining is I learned a lot more about the inner workings of Firefox and special browser tools that will help with a variety of matters down the road.

We can now show Vietnummy our gratitude by posting on Yelp what we all think about their food. Opportunity to let the creative spirits run free. :puking:

25. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :roflmao: