1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

CLICK FOR STEELHACK

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by SteelHack, Oct 24, 2016.

1. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
  2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah, something is wrong...I have a proxy service, and no matter what server I select, it says I've already voted. :@

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Maybe this is just a foreshadowing of what to expect next Tuesday? Hope not.

I'm bummed about the food truck thing. Was looking forward to the late hour showdown and helping out our buddy and his family. It was obvious what was going on when Vietnummy kept jumping out in front almost on demand - just to maintain a lead. They couldn't be generating that many and pace of voting just via 1 vote per day per IP. Now we broke their meter. Sorry. :cry:

4. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yeah me too...Been unable to vote today

I appreciate the work...just keep trying..all we can do......as long as we beat the Ravens it will all be worth it =)

5. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    It keeps giving me "you've already voted" today too. What gives?

6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    We should have known that mingling with someone name "Hack" was going to end poorly with computer and internet glitches. ;)

7. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    total votes still at 2727
    no change

you can email a vote

8. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    now they just picked up 200 more votes

WTH

9. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    yeah....no one I know could vote yesterday...and then they grabbed all 200 more votes

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I was just able to vote again.

Chop chop!

12. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    Vietnummy is up to shenanigans. My sister put out a little viral push...and got about 50 votes to cut into their lead...and then boom the next 100 plus votes all come in for Vietnummy. These things are all set up for online marketing...but Vietnummy has to have a bot at this point.

They got me a little fired up.....Do I have 10 Steeler fans available for 10 minutes to balance the vote? =)

13. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    They went from losing yesterday to almost 50% of all the votes today...LOL

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm in and will try my best. :)

15. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    in
    my last chance

• Like Like x 1
  16. Guest

Guest Guest

Let's do this, Dar! :)

C'mon, guys... Hack needs our help! This is war! :towel:

17. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Just to let you know Hack - when I realized that we were up against droids and cyborgs - I concluded we had to fight fire with fire - I have personally laid down nearly 200 votes until yesterday when we were frozen out. Except, for our fearless leader, we're mainly old school illiterates - we have to do it the old fashion way - we have to "urn it" - i.e. manual entry. I can lay down about 5 votes per minute using a 4 step procedure which involves setting your browser to "delete history" and then opening and shutting your browser between votes and "copy/paste and go" the cuisine website. I still think that sandbagging and then a sneak attack an hour or two before the closing bell is our only hope - i.e. catch them off-guard and blow right past - the tortoise and the hare. :shrug:

18. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Agree. I did the same the other night, and saw a similar increase over a half hour and good sized lead. By morning they were in the lead again, then folks here try to vote who haven't before and can't, I try various proxy servers (in case it's ip or regional) and still can't, yet their lead increases.

I'll drum up some additional votes here in the next few minutes.

19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    OK - just looked at the latest tally at 9:45 am PDT - VN = 50.3%; Wok = 38.3%. That's a little over a 400 vote lead for VN (1735 vs 1322). That would take one of us super charged about 1 1/2 hrs to catch up - assuming VN's bot doesn't start up and lay down phony votes again to maintain their margin. So yes - it will take a 10 person commitment from the team here to carry out this mission - "Operation Egg Drop" - but again - it needs to be a sneak attack where we very slowly eat away at their lead today but then commit to a full on blitz from 8pm EDT until 10 pm. Any other strategic thoughts? This all assumes none of us has the ability to invert a bot of our own to do this nasty for us.

20. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    sry i can't help

i'm still trying to load the green ink into my keyboard for other post

i'll try the clear the history thing tho

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm not sure you need to clear history. If you are using Chrome or Firefox, you can just open a new private browsing window. That should have the same effect. Give it a try and see.

22. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, their bot is laying down 200 votes at a time. While just voting, the tally was at 3300+ and then, wham!, it showed a tally of 3500+. Bastids! :mad:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Guest

Guest Guest

Yep... I'm using incognito mode. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't manually clear history - I just have that option checked in Firefox so it happens automatically with each new browser opening. Would be easier to place an icon in the toolbar to click each time and not have to open/close the browser. Is there such an option TTF?

25. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    working!!!!!

prolly sill going the long route but
    i'm getting multiples in