1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cliches That Annoy You The Most?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by blountforcetrauma, Nov 25, 2016.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    If she's having a relationship with her cousin I'm assuming she's originally from Kentucky instead of Ohio. Although Cincy is basically just one trailer park over the KY-OH border so it's probably there.

2. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I'll tell you something that younger people say that realllly gets on my nerves. It's when I say something they agree with and they go "I know, right?!" Me and some of my buddies at work started noticing younger people saying it and so we starting saying it mockingly no matter what someone said. We would just go "I know, right?!" So annoying. (Now I will wait for the inevitable response to this post saying "I know, right!?") LOL!

3. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    The thing that irritates me the most about food are the people I call the food nazis. They're the people that constantly like to try and be all self righteous about what they eat and try to make people feel guilty about liking junk food. One of my buddies used to be a real hardcore health junkie and then he wound up getting diagnosed with cholesterol problems and I would make it out like if only he had eaten better that he wouldn't have that problem and how that I eat whatever I want and I never have had any problems. Yeah. I'm "that' kind of "friend". LOL!

4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah wait till they find out that kale causes E.D. and prickly heat - no pun intended. :cool:

5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    ........and I'm all, and she's like, I mean, you know, HELLO? (It's OK - I'm not far from the Valley as the crow flies)

6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    We were set up by the OP. Thanks Blo-Fo! :hehehe:

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I bring out the worst in people. LOL!

8. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
  9. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    That one doesn't bother me so much, but I do hear it quite a bit.

I was actually talking about something like this with my dad a month or so ago. His pet peeve is when someone starts a sentence out of the blue with the word "so." Like if someone just walks up to you and starts a new conversation and says something like, "So I was eating lunch and something funny happened." I guess it bugs him because "so" is supposed to be used in a cause and effect narrative, not as a conversation starter.

10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Man that reminds me of this girl I had to work with at UPS one time. She actually played for the Lady Vols basketball team and was just working at UPS for insurance and some spending money as a part timer. So I go in there to help her and she's totally quiet and I was just working and not really saying much since it seemed like that she wasn't very talkative. Then all of a sudden she just tells me like the middle of a story that I have no frame of reference for whatsoever and I was just like "Oh. Ok." LOL! So then I walk out of that trailer and told that supervisor "man she's kinda weird" and he was like "Definitely!" LOL!

11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    So..........speaking of the youngsters, I hate the habit of saying "literally" for e....he....heverything!