1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cleveland must have an awesome foundation

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LoneGranger, Jul 2, 2019.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    They haven’t won s game all season this year. So the fact is, they are only what they were until they do something otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    We must always be careful with the preseason ... It can be misleading sometimes ....

3. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    They came out in a no huddle hurry up offense in the opening pre season drive against a vanilla defense that belongs to the redskins. Meh. Also, greedy Williams looked foolish it’s early but maybe a reason he fell in the draft a bit

4. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    The stains will be improved no doubt and I wouldn't be surprised to split with them this year, but they're far from the world beaters that some of their fans think they are. Living in Ohio, I earnestly look for forward to them being sorely disappointed

5. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Some reason why there are so many Clowns posts lately?

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Because the Browns are being hyped as contenders (Which is B.S. ) and some Steelers fans have lost their nerve and they’re scared.

Similar thing with the Patriots and some Steelers fans obsessing over them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
  8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
  9. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    I just played golf with the only Brown's fan I've ever met. He was talking all kinds of crap about the new season. I told him if the browns mirrored his golf game they are in for some big let downs. Duded sucked at golf and made one put from 20ft for bogey and was celebrating like he won the masters.

I told him I'd bet him anything he wanted we have a better record than the stains, oddly, he didn't take me up on that. We may suck but we will never suck like 1-32 that they sucked.

10. BeaverBoy

BeaverBoy Member

Jan 21, 2019
    I see the steelers going back to a team concept mimicking NE to a certain extent.
    The Browns have gone another route, accumulating star pieces and hoping that it will bring success.
    It is a good test of two theories.

The test of stars vs a team breaks down with the coaches. Both the brown’s man and Tomlin appear to me to be managers of stars not great football minds. Neither are cut from the Belichick mold.
    So we shall see.

Personally I prefer the NE approach. I don’t begrudge the steelers their success but as a lifelong fan it has been painful to watch haphazard ben and company.

11. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    The Browns aren't doing ****.. The more Baker Mayfield runs his mouth the more confident I feel they won't win anything with him as there qb

12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    And keep in mind that despite the pundits, who ache for something to talk about, this is still the Browns. The team that is 8-39-1 over the last three seasons. The team that has "zero" experience at head coach, zero leadership, a culture of ineptitude, and quite possibly the worst owner in all of sports.

It's like having a new high performance engine in your old jalopy with four flat tires, broken drive shaft, and unconscious driver.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Baker Mayfield who the media has already ticketed for Canton, went 10 for 26 for 72 yards and a pick tonight against the dreadful Tampa Bay defense.

14. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Just out of idle curiosity who do you think the owner of the Cleveland Browns is? I have seen you state that before which seems strange because until he sold his minority stake in the Steelers and bought the Browns stating he wanted to model them after the Steelers, I had never heard anything about him.

15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    He wanted to make the Browns be like the Steelers; I want to win the lottery too, but I don't have high expectations for either.

Living in the Cleveland area as I do, this has been a non-stop topic for a couple years. Dee, Jimmy's wife, has inserted herself into the "ownership" role and has alienated players, coaches, and the media. The utter chaos that surrounded the team from the day he bought them is well-known.

He has given the impression that he has stepped back and is letting the football people run the team but many believe he is lurking and will insert himself again as he always has.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/n...aslam/95-51f0c1c3-0281-4f15-b188-d55501da6e6e

16. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    See that is a good answer as it provides context for your post. Not that you need to explain yourself just that it makes your point seem more reasonable than the worst owner in 50 years claim. I'm sure I wasn't the only one thinking you might have had the Browns owner confused with Modell. Since I don't live in the area and really have zero interest in the Browns past the train wreck they have been I had no idea this kinda thing was going on.

Edit: Definitely a cautionary tale for anyone with money thinking they can run a football franchise. I think the owners should have looked beyond the money when casting a vote to sell him a team.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  17. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Thanks dad!:smiley1:

18. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Sorry did you say something? I can't hear anything with the damn squirrels my yard.

19. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Maybe that's why you didn't know anything about Haslem? It was the hot topic of ESPN, Mike & Mike, Le Batard, and virtually every other sports show in the country for weeks.

Do you know who Jerry Jones is?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Just to help you out, you want to be very careful with your grammar and when you quote someone, you should be careful to do it correctly. I never said worst owner in 50 years, and while I knew what you meant, there are some here who get their panties in a wad for no reason.

Just tryin to help out a brother Steeler fan:smiley1:

21. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I avoid ESPN and most talking head shows these days. NBA and Lebron love ran wild for far to long. Giving the guy a special so he can announce what team he is signing with for free agency was the tipping point. I don't know much about Haslem business or running the Browns because I choose not to care about the Browns. Better ways to spend time than worrying about that franchise train wreck.

22. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    No your actual qoutes were a laundry list of reasons why the Browns suck for the last 50 years and the worst owner in sports I combined the two my mistake

Happens when you get old.

23. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    :smiley1: Not so much a laundry list......Just the fact man! Just the facts.:smiley1:

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Browns fans are pathetic, trying to rip off the terrible towel with this :poopy: rag.

25. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    This is a blatant copyright infringement. Since the school Myron left the rights to controls it, I hope they hit them hard

• Agree Agree x 2